+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backpackers moaning they can’t get back to U.K.

Backpackers moaning they can’t get back to U.K.

Seriously!?

Interviewing some of these really got on my t i t s.

Government to blame for not getting them home........my own nephew is trapped in Vietnam with his missus due to their wanderlust.

You decided to wander the planet and smoke weed FFS...........funny how the heath service in India or Haiti isn’t quite to your liking at times like this.

It was obvious this s h I t storm was coming three weeks ago,you had plenty of time to get your a r s e s back to Blighty!

They are not moaning they are scared. It's not Coronavirus they are terrified of it's being trapped without the jobs they were relying on for income and the hostels they staying in closing. They might be 100's of miles from international airports with local transport closing down. I know of 'kids' with tickets who have been turned away at the airport in Hi Chi Minh City

Three weeks plenty of time to see the storm coming!!! Three weeks ago 16,000 were watching the Albion play. It's only been 2 weeks since football was postponed in this country. Less than 1 week since we were told to stay in. This storm is moving at a frightening pace.

If someone stuck a microphone in front of me I'd go down on bended knees and beg if I thought it would get me home.

Still I suppose they are very sorry if their plight gets on you t1ts.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    They are not moaning they are scared. It's not Coronavirus they are terrified of it's being trapped without the jobs they were relying on for income and the hostels they staying in closing. They might be 100's of miles from international airports with local transport closing down. I know of 'kids' with tickets who have been turned away at the airport in Hi Chi Minh City

Three weeks plenty of time to see the storm coming!!! Three weeks ago 16,000 were watching the Albion play. It's only been 2 weeks since football was postponed in this country. Less than 1 week since we were told to stay in. This storm is moving at a frightening pace.

If someone stuck a microphone in front of me I'd go down on bended knees and beg if I thought it would get me home.

I like this post...

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post

Everything is the government’s fault.

If not flown home from far distant places at the drop of a hat it seems.

If a grown adult makes a decision to bum it around the world then surely they should be happy to accept the medical care in whichever country they’ve arrived in.

All this......”we’ve been abandoned” stuff is ridiculous......you haven’t been “abandoned” at all,it may be in many cases you’re in a difficult destination from which to pluck you out.

The government can’t rescue everyone just like it can’t save everyone that might get Covid-19.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I’m with Mick’d on this one.
    These people may well have jobs they were relying on disappearing as well as the hostels etc closing but I too am fed up with ‘milenials, snowflakes and others moaning when things go wrong. On their return they’ll be the same here in the UK moaning they can’t get JSA, Income support etc straight away and that too will, of course, be the Government’s fault. It’s always someone else’s fault!!
    Look, if you want to go round the world on a shoestring that’s fine by me but if you’re not prepared to deal with the outcome of that risk then don’t bloody well go. Why should the taxpayer keep on bailing out people who get stranded on the other side of the world, for whatever reason?
    All very well venturing to far flung places but these are often not free of risk.......don’t blame the Government.....you’re not forced to go after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    These people may well have jobs they were relying on disappearing as well as the hostels etc closing but I too am fed up with ‘milenials, snowflakes and others moaning when things go wrong. On their return they’ll be the same here in the UK moaning they can’t get JSA, Income support etc straight away and that too will, of course, be the Government’s fault. It’s always someone else’s fault!!
    Look, if you want to go round the world on a shoestring that’s fine by me but if you’re not prepared to deal with the outcome of that risk then don’t bloody well go. Why should the taxpayer keep on bailing out people who get stranded on the other side of the world, for whatever reason?
    All very well venturing to far flung places but these are often not free of risk.......don’t blame the Government.....you’re not forced to go after all!
    Totally nailed it there Pug 👍🏻

I’m not gonna defend anyone caught in a foreign country or slate them , but the beeb interviewed a woman stuck in India, she was roughly 50 years old, she went to India 9th March checking several times that is was safe and ok to do so , she was given the green light to travel, if she hadn’t of gone she would lose her money. NOw she Is stuck , can’t get any British officials , the French Andy German people on her course have been evacuated.
    I wouldn’t have gone but I’d have lost my money, is she stupid , who knows, maybe evacuate these people and ask questions after , maybe even charge them for the cost of the flights , . Just my thoughts.
    Keep safe all

Quote Originally Posted by Jimb072 View Post
    I’m not gonna defend anyone caught in a foreign country or slate them , but the beeb interviewed a woman stuck in India, she was roughly 50 years old, she went to India 9th March checking several times that is was safe and ok to do so , she was given the green light to travel, if she hadn’t of gone she would lose her money. NOw she Is stuck , can’t get any British officials , the French Andy German people on her course have been evacuated.
    I wouldn’t have gone but I’d have lost my money, is she stupid , who knows, maybe evacuate these people and ask questions after , maybe even charge them for the cost of the flights , . Just my thoughts.
    Keep safe all
    I saw the same interview Jimbo.....pathetic isn’t it......the decision making of some adults is juvenile.

I’d got a holiday planned in New England in September and more than three weeks ago I called them and said I was going to cancel.

I was assured I was “overreacting” so I held off.

A couple of days after that I looked at the Italy situation and decided to self isolate even though I wasn’t ill.

At the same time 2 1/2 weeks ago I told Kuoni to cancel and again was deterred by email from doing so.

This time I insisted and I said in my email that.....,”knowing Trump he’s going to end up banning incomers” and the following day he banned the Europeans ( excluding us ) and a few days later he added the U.K. as well.

I’m not Einstein........I just watch stuff closely and contemplate deeply.

I rarely get caught with my pants down, I guess I’m a cautious person.

The ones flying out to India around 9th March and backpacking their whole lives are the ones who’ll be getting a free place in the care home next to me whilst I’m paying £1000 a week!

It pays to be carefree I guess.

Until you get caught with your nickers around your ankles in a Third World country during the apocalypse.

I don't quite get the subject of this thread. Most people I've seen on TV or read about have been over 50's, in particular they seem to be on cruises.

I'm with 923 on this one, I do sypathise with them. Some of them went on holidays or flights and used the FCO advice before travelling and are now stuck. The situation and changes of circumstances on this virus has moved so quickly, its caught a lot of people off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    Firstly I do not blame the govt for this nor do I expect them to magic everyone back home. I do have 2 issues with the initial post.

They didnot have plenty of time to 'get their a@rses back here. Less than 2 weeks ago 50,000+ were in Anfield watching a game of football. This storm has come at us at the speed of a tornado. They went prepared to risk the likes of malaria and dengue fever not a global pandemic. And it's not caronavirus that's scaring them it's having no money and nowhere to go.

And I ask you Mick and Pug if you were stuck there would you be scared? And if someone from the BBC gave you a microphone how would you respond?
    "Yea no problem got no money got nowhere to sleep but I'll be alright" or "listen Foreign Office we are in deep sh1t and we need you help"

I await your response with interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)