+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- USA Covid19 Deaths

....and now we have the Guardian asking exactly the same question......ffs Tarkers, are you psychic?

"Fauci warns coronavirus could kill as many as 200,000 Americans"......they actually stole the story from Al Jazeera this morning, but at least they are awake!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0000-americans

And yet there's still no national lockdown in the US, and Trump is still advocating social distancing (remember that?). Their lack of a coordinated response will kill many thousands of people as a direct result. Its terrible to watch unfold.

I see the next issue in NYC is that they won't have enough prople who are familiar with ventilators to care for patients. Their health system is so different to ours, where staff from all specialities across the country are being trained up. As an example, I know of a Maxillo Facial surgeon who is now being deployed to care for Covid 19 cases only; that will be happening across every specialty in every trust. That kind of approach is so much harder if it's not possible to coordinate from the top.

God knows what the death toll will be in the US, but if anyone thinks that they've got a hold on the spread, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    And yet there's still no national lockdown in the US, and Trump is still advocating social distancing (remember that?). Their lack of a coordinated response will kill many thousands of people as a direct result. Its terrible to watch unfold.

I see the next issue in NYC is that they won't have enough prople who are familiar with ventilators to care for patients. Their health system is so different to ours, where staff from all specialities across the country are being trained up. As an example, I know of a Maxillo Facial surgeon who is now being deployed to care for Covid 19 cases only; that will be happening across every specialty in every trust. That kind of approach is so much harder if it's not possible to coordinate from the top.

God knows what the death toll will be in the US, but if anyone thinks that they've got a hold on the spread, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.
    I think the penny has finally dropped with Trump, as he's now started to backtrack on some of his earlier statements and extending the shutdown by a month.....he's also picked up on the "100,000 deaths benchmark" as a political target....the Guardian
    Trump says keeping US Covid-19 deaths to 100,000 would be a ‘very good job’ https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-very-good-job
    I think his approval ratings are due out this morning......high 40-odd % seems the market expectation, though he started to accuse their health officials of stealing facemasks....not a clever thing to do in a national emergency IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I think the penny has finally dropped with Trump, as he's now started to backtrack on some of his earlier statements and extending the shutdown by a month.....he's also picked up on the "100,000 deaths benchmark" as a political target....the Guardian
    Trump says keeping US Covid-19 deaths to 100,000 would be a ‘very good job’ https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-very-good-job
    I think his approval ratings are due out this morning......high 40-odd % seems the market expectation, though he started to accuse their health officials of stealing facemasks....not a clever thing to do in a national emergency IMO.

They're expecting/hoping for a vaccine by early 2021.

https://www.marketscreener.com/JOHNS...th-U-30274295/

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

"Kaitlan Collins
    @kaitlancollins
    ·
    Mar 27
    Trump: "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes and they'll have two ventilators. Now all of a sudden they're saying, 'Can we order 30,000 ventilators?'""

The story of Trump and ventilators (or generators as he sometimes likes to call them) makes me glad I'm not a Merkan.

Surely even the dimmest voter has got to see this charlatan for what he is?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    They're expecting/hoping for a vaccine by early 2021.

https://www.marketscreener.com/JOHNS...th-U-30274295/
    Oh, and I thought the chloroquine was coming out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

Surely even the dimmest voter has got to see this charlatan for what he is?
    You would think so wouldn't you? But a quick glance at this board will tell you that they are still very much on board with 'Donnie'.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    You would think so wouldn't you? But a quick glance at this board will tell you that they are still very much on board with 'Donnie'.
    What is it with the Yanks? They have a clown in charge and the opposition look like putting up a old guy with dementia against him. Could only happen over there.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What is it with the Yanks? They have a clown in charge and the opposition look like putting up a old guy with dementia against him. Could only happen over there.
    There has also been a lot of speculation about Trump's cognitive deterioration. His behaviour is erratic, he often loses his thread part way through a sentence, gets words or parts of words wrong and his vocabulary has become smaller and repetitive.

He'll have blood on his hands at the end of all this. Being right, winning every argument, and especially his desire to get re-elected are all more important than taking potentially unpopular action to reduce the spread of Covid 19.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    There has also been a lot of speculation about Trump's cognitive deterioration. His behaviour is erratic, he often loses his thread part way through a sentence, gets words or parts of words wrong and his vocabulary has become smaller and repetitive.

He'll have blood on his hands at the end of all this. Being right, winning every argument, and especially his desire to get re-elected are all more important than taking potentially unpopular action to reduce the spread of Covid 19.
    If they carry on electing old men there is more chance of them struggling with ill health.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast