+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- USA Covid19 Deaths

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    There has also been a lot of speculation about Trump's cognitive deterioration. His behaviour is erratic, he often loses his thread part way through a sentence, gets words or parts of words wrong and his vocabulary has become smaller and repetitive.

He'll have blood on his hands at the end of all this. Being right, winning every argument, and especially his desire to get re-elected are all more important than taking potentially unpopular action to reduce the spread of Covid 19.
    The man is more interested in protecting his image than his people. At press conferences he surrounds himself with nodding sycophants who either smile or look serious according to the script and reporters - beware! Ask him a question he hasn't got an immediate answer to and he will attack the reporter with his "terrible reporter" and "that's a nasty question" as we saw last week to one who only asked if he had anything to tell the public. We are all now familiar with his denying having said something that can be easily checked on YouTube or press back issues and calling anything going against his statements "fake news".

Sound bites, sound bites, all the way. But familiar sound bites can be reassuring and the American public are so used to being told how great the USA is, how almost god-like their presidents are, that it's difficult for them to see through surface bullsh1t and think for themselves.

Republicans and Democrats can see only their own particular leader as the only answer to the nation's problems and neither will give credit to the other. The back-biting goes on for years and Trump encourages every attack on Obama that comes along.

A president who informs his public by Twitter is surely one with a personality problem. Notts recently had an owner with that obsession and we know how well that went.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    He's very good, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He's very good, isn't he?
    I

That's brilliant, thank you.

I will leave the Trump loving/hating to the Americans,you know the people who actually live there & witness what is happening with their own eyes, i do of course realise that they lack the insight & knowledge of some on here (one of whom actually knows an American apparently) but obviously this is just another thread designed to give the same old posters something to argue about.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I will leave the Trump loving/hating to the Americans,you know the people who actually live there & witness what is happening with their own eyes, i do of course realise that they lack the insight & knowledge of some on here (one of whom actually knows an American apparently) but obviously this is just another thread designed to give the same old posters something to argue about.
    Crickey, that's told us. Anyway, I'm surprised Trump hasn't gotten into bed with the Belarusian president who thinks Saunas and Vodka can ward off the virus. How stupid is that eh, everyone knows taking a sauna won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    That's brilliant, thank you.
    It's very funny, but it shows how difficult it is to parody Trump. There's very little room for exaggeration, because even if it was the real Trump saying those words it wouldn't surprise anyone!

I'm surprised Trump hasn't gotten into bed with the Belarusian president who thinks Saunas and Vodka can ward off the virus. How stupid is that eh, everyone knows taking a sauna won't help.
    In the final analysis it could yet turn out that locking down the planet and effectively crashing the global economy won't help either, but it's what the scientists are currently recommending and to some extent it placates the human need to 'do something'. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's very funny, but it shows how difficult it is to parody Trump. There's very little room for exaggeration, because even if it was the real Trump saying those words it wouldn't surprise anyone!
    My lad had to tell me it was an impersonator.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast