+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad, or good is that?

How bad, or good is that?

Having romped to the top of the league, Liverpool may be deprived of the title. How wonderful. This is a club who are genuinely red, communist, or the city is. Its all about them. Paranoid to the hilt, all Liverpudlians are odious, like their accent.

They murdered 40 odd Italians, then bleat like stuck pigs when they kill sixty of there own. As always, its one rule for them, another for everyone else.

Ive been there once, a dirty, crime ridden, unremarkable place, fit for Liverpudlians. Society can advance tech wise, but people take a lot longer. Liverpool belongs to the 1930s. If Liverpool are deprived of the title, we wont hear the last of it, and I for one will be highly entertained.

Dr Entwhistle of Fowlmere.

You seem to be getting confused between a football club/business, based in Liverpool and which puts out a team of highly paid and skilled players to take on other teams based in different cities and towns, and the people who support them.

The local Council was once “red”, about 50 years ago, not the football club. Liverpudlians may or may not be “odious” - personally I’ve liked them since the 60s - but what’s that got to do with the football team that they support which is mainly comprised of foreigners?

I have no doubt that Liverpool FC’s current and former players would be extremely upset and, not to put too fine a point on it, surprised to find that you are now accusing them of murder, leading to your twisted conclusion that they don’t deserve the Premier league title this season. Once again, your prejudices are getting the better of you.

I’ve been there numerous times for work and pleasure. Liverpool has its grot and rot, much the same as other former industrial cities. It has suffered more than, say, Manchester because it is on the coast and had only 180 degrees of opportunity. It also has its historical charm, good shopping and wonderful eateries.

Liverpool Football Club are so far ahead of the rest this season that there is statistically as close as damn it to a zero chance that they wouldn’t go on and win it, and they should be awarded the title if it isn’t possible to finish the season.

OK, I get it, you don’t like the people, and I’m sure that the feeling will be mutual. But you show how fat your head really is by taking your religious, political and regional prejudices and painting them onto a football club. The only bit you missed out was about hub-caps, though I’m sure that the Lamborghinis, Porches, Range Rovers and Bentleys that frequents the Club’s training facility don’t really need them.

That's an easy one Griff. If I walked down Burleigh Street in Cambridge wearing a full SS uniform people will be shocked and would expect the worst, and rightly so.

Even though I wouldn't hurt a fly, and would make efforts to save one if it was drowning in a puddle.

I am accusing all Liverpool players of being murderers by association. If you wear the shirt, then you are part of the problem. Apart from killing about 100 people, there is more to it. A few years ago a child was shot dead in Liverpool by another child. Liverpool had a game in Instanbul or wherever some years ago, fans without tickets mugged other fans with tickets and stormed the gates if they didn't get one.

Derek Hatton and his elite troops tried to wreck Britain. Liverpool is a liberal economic basket case full of screaming children who are grown up. Look at what they did to that police superintendant over Hillsboro.

As if he intended to hurt anyone. He did not. Liking Liverpool is about Bill Shankly and the Kop. People always build up things into something they are not. Liverpool is a city for tramps and vagabonds, happy in the company of fellow tramps and vagabonds. God help anyone who tries to impose rules regulations or laws on these outlaws.

The only good thing to come out of Liverpool is the Beatles, even I have done the tour. And the Beatles say it all, borderline hooligans, bad mouths, bad attitude know it alls. Red is red. Thank god for the gentle east.

Boo Boo of Thetford.

Good on you. You called me a fathead. Well done. Ohhh that hurts.

My ex's family come from Liverpool so I've visited there since the 80's and over the past ten years of more the city has come on leaps and bounds to entice people to visit it,it's always full of tourists doing the Beatles tour myself included and visiting Anfield and now it's a great city to visit,about 30 years ago it was a horrible place to live or visit and hooliganism was a worldwide problem not confinded to Liverpool,you should ashamed to tar an entire city on the actions of a minority Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw2 View Post
    Good on you. You called me a fathead. Well done. Ohhh that hurts.
    No it doesn’t. Hypochondriac.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    My ex's family come from Liverpool so I've visited there since the 80's and over the past ten years of more the city has come on leaps and bounds to entice people to visit it,it's always full of tourists doing the Beatles tour myself included and visiting Anfield and now it's a great city to visit,about 30 years ago it was a horrible place to live or visit and hooliganism was a worldwide problem not confinded to Liverpool,you should ashamed to tar an entire city on the actions of a minority Frank
    I’ve no association with Liverpool at all, Chalky,, but I just take it for what it is. I’ve seen the good side and the bad side. Ignore Frank, under his way of thinking Cambridge has produced a large number of spies, therefore everyone is a spy, especially those who play for the football club - and probably him too. And I know that he’s never been one. Just don’t ask me how, or I’d have to shoot you.

If I think of "famous" people from Cambridge I don't automatically think of spies but the Cambridge Rapist that terrorised those poor students back in the 70's so bad publicity can attach itself to anywhere and then as you say there was Philby and co who did immeasurable damage to Great Britain in their time

I am surprised that you are posting chalky. Cambridge has produced countless famous people. Olivia Newton John was a local till she went to Australia when 5. Those that went to the University include Alan Turing, Charles Darwin, Hawking, Robert Oppenheimer, Bertrand Russell, Samuel Pepys, Rupert Brooke, and a zillion others.

Cambridge has had more nobel prize winners than Germany.

As for Liverpool, I am of course exaggerating, but ive not known a Liverpudlian who doesn't give it the guff....constantly. Generalisations are shorthand but true.. Liverpool has attitude and you can keep it. Give me Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Ely, Thetford, Swaffam or Walsingham everytime.

You've got me for at least a month Frank because of the Coronavirus,Sue has a job where there's a chance of her catching it and she won't be able to self isolate if im there so I've come back to Nottingham for a while but no doubt you will come to the conclusion that she's had enough of me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)