How come you ask, they are only 6th in the Championship!!

There is a precedent, the old First Division season 1914/15 ended in controversy, the game between Liverpool and Manure was fixed in favour of manure, who avoided relegation by one place (can you imagine that happening these days)?

Anyway football stopped due to World War I. When the Football League sat to decide on the make up of the First Division, rather than decide using finishing places from 1914/15, instead they had a meeting. The meeting decided on an increase from 20 to 22 teams. Chelsea, who had finished second bottom, as a result of the fixed match, were not relegated. Derby and Preston, first and second in League II were promoted. So what next? Spurs who finished bottom of League I to remain in League I or Barnsley, third in League II promoted? No they had a vote. So who got the final spot in League I? Le @rse, who had not only finished behind Barnsley but also Wolves and Birmingham, so were 6th.

It was alleged that Henry Norris bribed officials from other clubs to vote for Arsenal. This is generally supported by the “fact” that Norris had laid out £125,000 in moving Arsenal to Highbury and the club still owed him £60,000(over £3 million in today's money) after the end of the First World War. A place in the First Division was required to bring in good crowds to help pay off this debt.

So congratulations Nob Enders, you are going up.