+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Donkey in a Notts shirt

Yes Ricky Green, purchased if I remember correctly, to replace Les Bradd. Total waste of space, although his overall scoring record was 0ne goal in four. Notts were the only team he never scored for!!

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Ryan Forde was another crappy signing from Man Utd, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Matty Williams who scored loads of goals for Utd reserves and then played for us on his way to non-league obscurity - he ended up at various Welsh League clubs. He was useless.
    That’s the guy, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    Murphy said that Tony Battersby would be the next Shearer
    Sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    A brace of donkeys - Izale McLeod and Danny Haynes. Not sure who was worse.
    Izale McLeod is a good shout given that we paid Crawley over a 100 grand for him. Didn’t he also do that classic idiot move of taking a penalty when someone else was set to take it - and then missed?

And thanks to Elite for reminding me of Sprockert. Think the other Belgian we had that season was an ex-international (Swerts?) who turned out to be the Flemish Gary Owers.

Perhaps we should have a donkey XI. Mine would have to include Fitzsimons, Williie McStay, Michael Emenalo, Ian Hamilton, Mick Galloway, Brian O'Callaghan, Stacy Long, Lewis Allesandra, Garry Birtles, Ricky Young, Will Hayhurst.

With Shame-us Mcdonagh, Andy White, Gavin Gordon, Gavin Strachan on the bench.

now a team of donkeys... seems entirely doable.

GK : Paul Gibson
    LB : Gary Silk / Dan Jones
    CB : Guy Branston
    CB : Richard Duffy ( Main CB when we got relegated out the league / and was struggling for a second CB )
    RB : Elliot Hewitt ( was decent at CM but ruddy awful at RB )
    LM : Matt Gill
    CM : Charlie Allen
    CM : Mark Fotheringham
    RM : David Bell
    ST : Tony Hackworth
    ST : Andy Whitev

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Darren Davies/Paul Smalley = tie
    Paul Smalley is now the head coach of the Brunei national team!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Izale McLeod is a good shout given that we paid Crawley over a 100 grand for him. Didn’t he also do that classic idiot move of taking a penalty when someone else was set to take it - and then missed?

And thanks to Elite for reminding me of Sprockert. Think the other Belgian we had that season was an ex-international (Swerts?) who turned out to be the Flemish Gary Owers.
    Yes, he did - away at Dagenham and Redbridge about 5 years ago, on a Tuesday night, with us 1-0 up. It was my birthday, and I had taken three of my colleagues who hadn't seen me ever get so angry over anything. Ever. Pet hate though - you have an assigned penalty taker. That person takes the penalties. Anything like what happened that night just shows a team that the manager doesn't have control of.

I have to say, lots of good - terrible? - names on here, but it has to be hard to beat Hackworth, surely? Lots of names more than disappointed, but even Andy White had some obvious talent with his feet (even though he trod on the ball rather than tapping it in once) - he probably suffered from being so tall, if he had been 5'7" he would likely have made a good winger. Same for Agana - he's made worse by the still being our record signing by some distance, but you occasionally saw some ability, and there was that goal against Spurs in the league cup at least. Funnily, haven't seen anyone mention Peter Beadle, isn't he our second most expensive signing? He did nothing other than one wonder goal, v Barnsley or Brizzle City I think.

But Hackworth... Cost a lot, came as having just played in the semi-finals in Europe or whatever, did nothing at all and never looked like doing. He really was the nadir for me.

Stuart Rimmer.
    Nigel Jemson.

Both bloody awful

Matt Gill , aka the crab, forgot all about him.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast