+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Notts quiz questions

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    You're on the bench next game, justincast starts up front instead.

Somebody said Newton Heath's "North Road", which was a good answer but I was only doing post war because I thought that it would have been too hard to go with all-time.
    If the question had been "Name all of the grounds since 1888 that we've played just one league match on against a side currently in the Premier League", then I think there would be four - St Mary's, Avenue Stadium, North Road and one other.
    I might be slapping in a transfer request.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    When you said I was "warm" , I thought it might because Norwich are near the bottom of the Prem like Bouremouth.....not that they once played at Melchester Rovers ground!!
    Rubbish - you thought Norwich was geographically close to Bournemouth. You sailors know your stuff where sealegs are concerned, but on the land your compass is drunk.

I was at that match against Bournemouth at Dorchester Town. It included the most terrible refereeing performance I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Rubbish - you thought Norwich was geographically close to Bournemouth. You sailors know your stuff where sealegs are concerned, but on the land your compass is drunk.
    It's amazing how many of you landlubbers think Portsmouth and Plymouth are as close as Nottinham and Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's amazing how many of you landlubbers think Portsmouth and Plymouth are as close as Nottinham and Derby.
    Rubbish, everyone knows that Portsmouth are a league above Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Rubbish, everyone knows that Portsmouth are a league above Plymouth.
    Well, if it tickled you.

The other PRE-WAR ground we only visited once for a league fixture that belonged to a current Premier League club was Dudley Road, Wolverhampton. One of the very last games ever to be played there before they moved to Molineux in 1889.

Got some other Notts quiz questions lined up, but I should probably save the next three until next week. This looks like being a very long stretch of no current football to talk about.

The other PRE-WAR ground we only visited once for a league fixture that belonged to a current Premier League club was Dudley Road, Wolverhampton. One of the very last games ever to be played there before they moved to Molineux in 1889.

Got some other Notts quiz questions lined up, but I should probably save the next three until next week. This looks like being a very long stretch of no current football to talk about.
    Thanks for the quiz upthemaggies, certainly filled some time which as you say we seem to have a lot of at the moment with no current football. Only right to do a few of my own to give you and a few others a go and get some reminiscing going. (hope that they are correct but maybe another answer may fit them as well so I might learn something new).
    THREE QUESTIONS - ALL Answers Current Premier League Teams (so hopefully not as taxing as upthemaggies)
    1. Against Which team did we beat 3 times in the same month.
    2. Against Which team did we beat at Meadow Lane 3 times in 3 consecutive league seasons, scoring 4 goals each time and in 3 different leagues (we also claimed 2 wins & a draw in the 3 away games).
    3. Against which 2 Teams did we win away at twice in the same calendar year.

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    Thanks for the quiz upthemaggies, certainly filled some time which as you say we seem to have a lot of at the moment with no current football. Only right to do a few of my own to give you and a few others a go and get some reminiscing going. (hope that they are correct but maybe another answer may fit them as well so I might learn something new).
    THREE QUESTIONS - ALL Answers Current Premier League Teams (so hopefully not as taxing as upthemaggies)
    1. Against Which team did we beat 3 times in the same month.
    2. Against Which team did we beat at Meadow Lane 3 times in 3 consecutive league seasons, scoring 4 goals each time and in 3 different leagues (we also claimed 2 wins & a draw in the 3 away games).
    3. Against which 2 Teams did we win away at twice in the same calendar year.
    Just going from my own memory. I'm pretty sure 2, was Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Just going from my own memory. I'm pretty sure 2, was Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Yes Wolves is correct - 83/84 4-0 in Div 1, 84/85 4-1 in Div 2, 85/86 4-0 in Div 3, we beat them 4-0 in 81/82 as well in Div 1

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast