+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA have decided

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    ^^^^ definitely this, and for me, Doncaster and the rest of those clowns who make decisions ‘for the benefit of Scottish football’ deserve to be placed in this position, especially after they announced they were happy with the way they had addressed bigotry and sectarianism in our game. They will feel the full wrath of half of all bigots who continue to ruin our game, and deserve every last minute of it. Phukk them!
    looking forward to this ha ha

CLUB BRUGES - CHAMPIONS OF BELGIUM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ns-coronvirus/

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The government, no, of course not. Hence 'most things'. But when the league gets the go ahead to play games, you can guarantee every decision will be influenced by TV. Without TV revenue, we don't have a league. They dictate almost everything because they have the big pot of cash that the SPFL can't say no to. There are TV deals in place for next season. Not a chance will that be postponed.
    Agree on the finance side of that, but if this issue takes until say, August/September to resolve then even if the leagues are decided on points accrued and teams are declared winners, losers etc (whenever that may be) then next season will have been postponed.

The TV companies, if the leagues are played out would happily show all the important matches (league winning matches, relegation matches, play-offs etc ) then, be even happier to show the next season after a short break. They won't lose out no matter when the games are played, but unless Doncaster has the balls to call everything finished as things stand there will be a postponement and the TV companies will have to adjust. Just my opinion obviously

This lock down is not going anywhere fast and there is real danger of a second wave in the Autumn.

There are only two solutions now.

Either the season finishes now or it is expunged.

This should put the null and void advocating Hvns, Jambos and Funsters’ gas at a peep.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52148695

Null & Void is not an option on the table at the next SPFL meeting on Monday.

Null and void was never going to be an option, either finish season now as is or go for league construction or both

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Agree on the finance side of that, but if this issue takes until say, August/September to resolve then even if the leagues are decided on points accrued and teams are declared winners, losers etc (whenever that may be) then next season will have been postponed.

The TV companies, if the leagues are played out would happily show all the important matches (league winning matches, relegation matches, play-offs etc ) then, be even happier to show the next season after a short break. They won't lose out no matter when the games are played, but unless Doncaster has the balls to call everything finished as things stand there will be a postponement and the TV companies will have to adjust. Just my opinion obviously
    Yeah okay, I get you. Postponement by a month or so could happen.

QotS at Tannadice tonite.
    Might have been the celebration home game having clinched the league title last week at Arbroath.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    QotS at Tannadice tonite.
    Might have been the celebration home game having clinched the league title last week at Arbroath.
    The way things had gone of late, unfortunately I think this was unlikely. I suspect it would have rolled on to next week before we could have officially confirmed. Over the piece and without getting into morals or ethics of the current situation, from a purely footballing perspective I think this break came at a good time to recharge the batteries and also reinvigorate the supporters. If they somehow manage to get this up and running again we’re going to be well up for this. The UEFA directive seems to be advising associations to hold off until July if needs for re-starting so there is hope yet.If so, our first game back is going to be Morton away and after such an absence I confidently predict we will take considerably more through than we would have done first time round.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)