+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: UEFA have decided

Agree with both. Massive decision if they go ahead with the relegating the Jambos.

Robbie in his interview said everyone would need a couple of weeks training as a mini pre-season before any games are played, needs to be factored in.

More news.

Saturday 3pm TV ban has been lifted for England and Scotland. UEFA seem intent on getting this season finished behind closed doors it would seem.

Thats interesting and something that i would be in favour of

Not really had an opinion on this so far, but a few comments have piqued my interest.

Close season, if all the players are getting a break just now, will they need another close season? I expect another 3 weeks to be added to this shut down, but say that footballers are allowed back during that time for 2-3 weeks to get back in shape, then im sure 8 games can be handled over 6 weeks and getting the league finished by mid June. 2 weeks off again and back at it for July. Would be a real quick fire transfer window though!

Will it have to be behind closed doors though? Open up the whole ground to home support only, but harsh as it may be, anyone in an at risk group should maybe stay away, sorry Gunboat, TTT and my own father!

Just add a couple of teams up in each league and be damned. Leave the Jambos and Brechin and Partick. Bring up Falkirk and Raith etc. Who is worried about an extra Champions League spot right now anyway?

Have an extra 2 teams in top division. As positions stand Dundee United and ICT go up. Let them play each other twice and revert back following season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not really had an opinion on this so far, but a few comments have piqued my interest.

Close season, if all the players are getting a break just now, will they need another close season? I expect another 3 weeks to be added to this shut down, but say that footballers are allowed back during that time for 2-3 weeks to get back in shape, then im sure 8 games can be handled over 6 weeks and getting the league finished by mid June. 2 weeks off again and back at it for July. Would be a real quick fire transfer window though!

Will it have to be behind closed doors though? Open up the whole ground to home support only, but harsh as it may be, anyone in an at risk group should maybe stay away, sorry Gunboat, TTT and my own father!
    They won't need another break. They will need a pre-season of some sort however. Then asking them to play 2 games a week after such a long lay off and shorter than usual pre-season is risking injuries. It's a tricky one.
    Can't see anything other than closed doors if we do start up again. The lockdown may only continue for a few more weeks, but social distancing is going to be around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

I think i can say with some degree of certainty there will not be football played in front of fans in June.One of the biggest summer events Wimbeldon has been cancelled and that was due to be played in July and the Open Golf which is almost sold out is on the verge of postponing and that is played after the tennis.

Realistically, how many people would be happy to sit in a crowd knowing that this virus was still handing people their arse? Closed doors games, regular testing of players and management. Just get this season done! If it can be put on the web to watch..then I am all for it!
    We are miles away from being allowed to gather in big groups again...and this is the only way to keep clubs and sponsors happy!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Realistically, how many people would be happy to sit in a crowd knowing that this virus was still handing people their arse? Closed doors games, regular testing of players and management. Just get this season done! If it can be put on the web to watch..then I am all for it!
    We are miles away from being allowed to gather in big groups again...and this is the only way to keep clubs and sponsors happy!
    Spot on mate. The only way we can possibly have closed door games is if players are tested. They are no different to us and shouldn't be asked to break any social distance rules just for the sake of getting the season over & done with, without knowing full well the players they are coming into contact with are free of the virus.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)