+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UEFA have decided

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Realistically, how many people would be happy to sit in a crowd knowing that this virus was still handing people their arse? Closed doors games, regular testing of players and management. Just get this season done! If it can be put on the web to watch..then I am all for it!
    We are miles away from being allowed to gather in big groups again...and this is the only way to keep clubs and sponsors happy!
    But surely by then, say July, we would have overcome the worst of virus, numbers would be mega low, test kits a plenty and hopefully a vaccine to allow us to get back to normality. We cant be on these lockdown conditions forever and as Queen sang 'the show must go on' eventually...

A vaccine is at least 12 months away mate. Until then, this isn't going to go away. At what level it remains, who knows. Time will tell I guess.

That's the Belgian FA backtracked on ending their league after a meeting with UEFA.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A vaccine is at least 12 months away mate. Until then, this isn't going to go away. At what level it remains, who knows. Time will tell I guess.
    we cannot and will no go on like this for 12 months, wether people like it or not. People and businesses cannot survive this for 12 months, vaccine or not when this starts declining they need to restore some normality

Of course they will, lockdown will end, but there will still be some sort of social distancing in place imo. Its about getting it to a manageable level and finding what works to keep it at that level.

My main hope in the short term is an existing drug already approved may fight off the virus in infected patients.The Chinese have been trying out a drug i used to be on Hydroxychloroquine it was initially to treat malaria but is also used for rheumatoid arthritis.I wish i was still on it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My main hope in the short term is an existing drug already approved may fight off the virus in infected patients.The Chinese have been trying out a drug i used to be on Hydroxychloroquine it was initially to treat malaria but is also used for rheumatoid arthritis.I wish i was still on it to be honest.
    They've also just done their first 14 day human vaccine trial which looks to have been success so far. Even then, 12-18 months before it can be made publicly available.

We can be reassured that the Chinese government will have plenty of human guinea pigs trying out different types of drugs.

Trump in his prezzer saying they have millions of shots of the drug i mention above also he has been on the phone to the Indian Prime Minister to ask him for more,apparently India has loads of it probably to treat malaria.

There are good and bad reports on how effective this drug is by the way.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)