+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forge Island

Forge Island

A little something for us to look forward to:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rothbiz/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Fabulous.

Hope it still goes ahead after all this calms down. The country is going to be skint.

Hotel mentioned.
    This could limit future opportunities at the G&C site

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Hotel mentioned.
    This could limit future opportunities at the G&C site
    Yes, think TS might have other plans

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Hope it still goes ahead after all this calms down. The country is going to be skint.
    I get the impression that the plan post virus is to build our way out of recession. This is not a new scenario; it is precisely what Germany (West) and Japan did after the Second World War. Admittedly they did it with American money (in return for US influence - Japan was not far off being a US state at one point).

Our re-build will be financed by extreme government borrowing citing the historically low rates of interest as justification for doing so. There will be huge infrastructure projects backed by the public purse. Boris is a paradoxical Tory in that respect.

It's actually a policy I believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes, think TS might have other plans
    Still the trampoline emporium, or has that hit the buffers also?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I get the impression that the plan post virus is to build our way out of recession. This is not a new scenario; it is precisely what Germany (West) and Japan did after the Second World War. Admittedly they did it with American money (in return for US influence - Japan was not far off being a US state at one point).
    I'm not sure I'd agree, a difference is that the war was hugely destructive and entire cities needed rebuilding. Coronavirus, so far, has thankfully spared bricks and mortar.

Sadly a more likely scenario is a second great depression and hyperinflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Still the trampoline emporium, or has that hit the buffers also?
    Not sure if it’s still that but he’s definitely got his plans which now might take a bit longer to sort out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast