+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National League suspended indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Its an interesting situation. If the EFL null and void their season as well as the national League, does that mean Bury is still expelled? Is the Bury FC business still running actually? And if so, does that mean we would be relegated from league 2? It's a very messy situation
    Hadn't thought of that - There are plenty of messy situations / permutations - Will be a legal minefield for the league bodies to deal with 😳

It's now the way of things in this post covid-outbreak society that the elderly should be prioritized and promoted straight to the front of the queue, so the only fair way to sort this out and reflect our modern progressive values is to reconstruct the pyramid by formation date. Oldest 20 professional clubs to make up the Premier League and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's now the way of things in this post covid-outbreak society that the elderly should be prioritized and promoted straight to the front of the queue, so the only fair way to sort this out and reflect our modern progressive values is to reconstruct the pyramid by formation date. Oldest 20 professional clubs to make up the Premier League and so on.
    Seems a fair and decent solution to me. I'm all for it.

Does that include that mob over the river?

... well yes, I'm sure you'd certainly want us to collect our 6 points; no problem. Oh, and of course they'd end up sacking their manager too. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Does that include that mob over the river?
    Responsible social distancing, one club per city per division. They stay in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Responsible social distancing, one club per city per division. They stay in the championship.
    Technically, Forest aren't even in Nottingham. They should be made to rebrand as Rushcliffe whatever and start at the bottom of the pyramid. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But that means that although we would go up, Forest would cruelly be denied their chance of promotion.

Seems the ideal solution to me.
    I will raise a glass to that Elite, the Perfect Storm, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I didn't read the announcement as being negative news, quite the contrary. They haven't cancelled the season and clearly with the current state of the virus they cannot meaningfully give a date for resumption. So in my mind they've left it open to continue the season from where it left off when normal activities resume.
    I didn't read it as negative news, more fake news or no news. We already knew that the National League had been postponed indefinitely. If they were going to add to that statement I would have been looking for something along lines confirming that the season definitely won't be declared null and void and will resume as soon as it is possible to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    So the Premier League would expand to 23 teams?
    22 teams. No playoffs, only promotion and national League fills up the last 3 places of the EFL with top 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast