+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National League suspended indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I didn't read the announcement as being negative news, quite the contrary. They haven't cancelled the season and clearly with the current state of the virus they cannot meaningfully give a date for resumption. So in my mind they've left it open to continue the season from where it left off when normal activities resume.
    That's the way I read it as well, mildly positive rather than negative news. The permutations on what might happen are endless, but this is probably the best we could hope for in terms of official announcements, that the season is not yet officially over. If the authorities do decide to void it however, it still leaves a lot of questions to be answered. Many assume that Barrow would (deservedly) be promoted because League 2 are one club short, but that would leave our division one club short. Because the divisions below are separated into North and South, there is no natural replacement. How do they deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Its an interesting situation. If the EFL null and void their season as well as the national League, does that mean Bury is still expelled? Is the Bury FC business still running actually? And if so, does that mean we would be relegated from league 2? It's a very messy situation
    Do Bolton and Macclesfield start with points deducted?

Barrow have not mathematically won the league and Harrogate and Notts can still beat them to the title, so they should not be handed promotion. This goes for Liverpool in the premiership the car has not crossed the line so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Barrow have not mathematically won the league and Harrogate and Notts can still beat them to the title, so they should not be handed promotion. This goes for Liverpool in the premiership the car has not crossed the line so to speak.

One idea put forward, I could go for this!!!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...omoted-4001207

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    But that means that although we would go up, Forest would cruelly be denied their chance of promotion.

Seems the ideal solution to me.

So the Premier League would expand to 23 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But that means that although we would go up, Forest would cruelly be denied their chance of promotion.

Seems the ideal solution to me.
    Missing seeing Forest fcuk up in the play-offs again in not exactly ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Missing seeing Forest fcuk up in the play-offs again in not exactly ideal.
    Did somebody mention the Y-word?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-RO51QMf8

How on earth does that work?? No relegation from the Premier League but 3 up from the Championship. Why shouldn't teams be relegated anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    How on earth does that work?? No relegation from the Premier League but 3 up from the Championship. Why shouldn't teams be relegated anyway?
    Because the poor little overpaid useless &*(^&$& at the bottom of the greed league would cry if they got relegated...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast