+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Baggie Boy Tony has got a new lawnmower

Baggie Boy Tony has got a new lawnmower

So have I.

His name is Richard and he did a cracking job as I watched him through the glass in my office.

Hi Mick, iv'e had an artificial lawn for 10 years. Gave my neighbour my lawnmower and he's still using it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi Mick, iv'e had an artificial lawn for 10 years. Gave my neighbour my lawnmower and he's still using it.
    I’ve had artificial put down at a couple of my rental houses for simplicity Lloyd because tenants are lazy sods!

Living as I do in the countryside it seems like an abomination to put plastic grass down if I’m honest.

I’m sorely tempted though as badgers have ripped my lawn to pieces and it’s costing me nearly £1000 to get it made good again.

On top of that I’m having to p I s s into a diffuser each day and spray it around my boundary as male p I s s is one thing that deters badgers.

The wife didn’t want me waving my todger around in the garden so I’m now forced into peeing in a bloody receptacle all day!

I put an artificial lawndown because i've always girl dogs and their urine destroys the grass.

Artificial grass is one alternative to real grass but I think another should be considered. Get rid of the thing. I don't mean hardfurface the lot but do something else. I inherited a large lawn with the standard bit of planting around the edges. I have gradually whittled it down by enlarging the small side borders and giving them some shape; creating a few largish island beds; plant small small shrubs and trees; introduce some features e.g. sitting areas; leaving a couple of places to grow more wild. All leaving just a small amount of grass. True it can become more labour intensive and you have got to have a liking for gardening but it worth it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)