+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Aussie takeaway alcohol allowances

What with Tarkers beating the drum (rightly) for growing your own veg and this thread talking about distilling/brewing your own spirits and beer, self sufficiency hasn't been this popular since the days of The Good Life!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    What with Tarkers beating the drum (rightly) for growing your own veg and this thread talking about distilling/brewing your own spirits and beer, self sufficiency hasn't been this popular since the days of The Good Life!
    I've always been partial to a spot of home brew although as business had been good for the last few years I had been lazy and simply bought a carton. Business is absolutely not good now so its a massive veggie patch growing away and 30 litres of homebrew for me! I am actually enjoying home life a lot as it takes my mind off the omnipresent threat of a winding up order!!!

I had a coffee business last year...extremely glad I’m out of it. Carnage in that industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I had a coffee business last year...extremely glad I’m out of it. Carnage in that industry.
    Im in events although sell online. I'm rooted at the moment.

We're all rooted mate!! Well hopefully anyway.

Beer is still available for online delivery in the UK if anyone is interested in that. I ordered some Brewdog beers recently, I'm looking forward to be able to enjoy a nice craft beer in the evenings

Alcohol ban here in Mexico.....luckily, still have 25 cases in the kitchen (24 x 455ml) which should last me 2 months....after that I'm back on the cocaine...sorry if my posts get a little strange (or stranger)....not my fault, blame my Commie buddy AMLO.

At a time of crisis, why ban beers?........................stupidity.

Too much money to be lost here, and the govt know it, for them to ban alcohol. People are already complaining that their daily allowances have just about halved from the original amount I posted; despite them being able to buy a trolley load, take it out to their car, and return to buy exactly the same about again. And then again if they like. Every day. 6 months of lockdown should see a nation of alcoholics, and we are already a nation that likes a drink or ten, before breakfast.

Nice to hear your stories from oz and Mexico, saw with interest Tarqs photos, how about you two in oz posting some photos of your general surroundings of the area where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Nice to hear your stories from oz and Mexico, saw with interest Tarqs photos, how about you two in oz posting some photos of your general surroundings of the area where you live.
    I will try when I can work it out. I live in 2 acres rurally and am pretty much off the grid except for internet and some electric surrounded by a lake and 30 metre gum trees which makes this isolation thing ok for now as I'm outside most of the time in the day when I am not grafting. I live near Noosa in the hinterland which is a major tourist hot spot in AU...although not at the moment. Job losses have been brutal around here as most work is casual but I am self employed and I'll be fine in the long run even though my business has taken an absolute clattering. Looks like we might even be getting on top of it here but we will see.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast