+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hegazi

Hegazi

Staring at me from the calender for the next month.
    Seems I have a committee meeting on the 7th. That will be called off I'd imagine. Pity, have nothing else lined up for the month.

Why are people obsessed with finding something to do? Just chill out man.
    Think of this as good practice for when we have a nuclear war.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Why are people obsessed with finding something to do? Just chill out man.
    Think of this as good practice for when we have a nuclear war.
    I think there’s a difference Des between “chilling out” for a day or a week of natural holiday and being ordered to do nothing and pretty much confined to your home.

I work from home and have spent much of the last 24 years doing so but the difference is that wife and son are confined into the same space at the moment.

My wife likes to be busy and my son needs to be busy because with his mental health and personality disorders an idle mind is a dangerous mind.

I’m quite happy here normally but the enforcement and the 24/7 nature of close proximity to everyone else is even making me edgy.

I must admit that if I was young i would go out of my mind. I used to be out seven nights a week and all day weekends. But now I am very content. I can look out of the front window and watch Goldfinches, Chaffinches, Long Tailed Tits etc on the feeder, or go out the back and watch Buzzards, Ravens, Pheasants, Rabbits and even Deer through my binoculars and spotting scope.
    I have loads of books to read, and have prime and Netflix to watch. I can also have a walk through the farms and woods. I did a two hour walk yesterday.
    I sit here and watch my neighbours, they have no interests and are confined to barracks because of their health. One of them has cut the lawn everyday, and the other poor sod keeps cleaning the windows.
    They were put on the earth to work, now they don't know what to do with themselves.
    I used to spend all my time getting out of work.
    It's times like this that you realise what the greatest things in life are.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Staring at me from the calender for the next month.
    Seems I have a committee meeting on the 7th. That will be called off I'd imagine. Pity, have nothing else lined up for the month.
    Am I missing out on something Chris, but what's the theme title about, is it because a pic of Hegazi's pictured for the month?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Am I missing out on something Chris, but what's the theme title about, is it because a pic of Hegazi's pictured for the month?
    Yes, that's all Tony. On the April page of the official Albion calender.

Most of us can't look out of our gardens and see all this wildlife Des. Not keen on watching much TV, just in the evening, not keen on reading much, never really have been. I can't see into the neighbours houses, just as well really, 2 young nurses live next door.
    I didn't say I was bored, merely I have nothing lined up to go to over the next month.
    I can't partake in any away from home activities as, as Mick says, I am confined to my home apart from a daily 45 minute walk. No family can visit me. I won't be doing any home improvements, but am helping out with the housework.
    Chill out, what does that mean? Sitting round doing nothing? Yes, I can do that, but not for 9 weeks plus (maybe I can).
    I think the problem will be having nothing to look forward to. No football, no skittles, no cricket, no visits to the pub, no meals out, no committee meetings, no visits from the children and grandchildren.
    Still, got to be done hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Most of us can't look out of our gardens and see all this wildlife Des. Not keen on watching much TV, just in the evening, not keen on reading much, never really have been. I can't see into the neighbours houses, just as well really, 2 young nurses live next door.
    I didn't say I was bored, merely I have nothing lined up to go to over the next month.
    I can't partake in any away from home activities as, as Mick says, I am confined to my home apart from a daily 45 minute walk. No family can visit me. I won't be doing any home improvements, but am helping out with the housework.
    Chill out, what does that mean? Sitting round doing nothing? Yes, I can do that, but not for 9 weeks plus (maybe I can).
    I think the problem will be having nothing to look forward to. No football, no skittles, no cricket, no visits to the pub, no meals out, no committee meetings, no visits from the children and grandchildren.
    Still, got to be done hasn't it?
    You can always paint your fence....do it like the Forth Bridge get to the end and go back to the beginning after you've watched the paint dry....

Wife and three kids between 14 and 20 have done an amazing job on the garden, garage, cellar! Problem will come in a couple of weeks when the novelty wears off for the kids. I really miss playing squash, seeing the Albion and going out for a drink / meal. On the positive side, I am a writer so have been left alone to write all day which is perfect.

Fortunately, I don’t have an Albion calendar, we have one that my son had done for Christmas, pictures of the family, most featuring the two dogs! As for keeping myself amused, I have never enjoyed gardening so I try to as little of that as possible but I going to plant some seed potatoes tomorrow, never done that before. I seem to be making a bit of progress playing the bass guitar and am practicing playing lead guitar for my music group but it is likely to be long time before I have the chance to play with them again. All my ukulele group’s gigs have been cancelled; the most disappointing one being in North London, performing a couple of sets at the Ace Cafe. We are hoping that the Ace gig will be on next year. Just hoping that I don’t have to spend some time in a hospital bed!

Please, everyone, stay safe and look after yourselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)