+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where will Gov't get the money from

A few of you are aware my business tentacles reach deep into the Barclays/Barclaycard set-up.

From taking a card payment (debit or credit) we can pay the merchant within one hour. It's called Faster Processing, cash strapped businesses love it!

Apart from the lack of willingness to pay you out, there is no reason whatsoever that your bookmakers need 4-5 days to reimburse your winnings sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A few of you are aware my business tentacles reach deep into the Barclays/Barclaycard set-up.

Apart from the lack of willingness to pay you out, there is no reason whatsoever that your bookmakers need 4-5 days to reimburse your winnings sinkov.
    it's not the bookies though BT, Ladbrokes say they'll clear a withdrawal inside 3 hours, and with PayPal they're obviously doing it quicker, but a debit card withdrawal can take up to 5 days for the bank to process, while a deposit is instantaneous. I'm wondering now if this may have something to do with money-laundering regs, I know crims have been using bookies for this purpose, it could be.

Dunno sinkov. Barclaycard won't touch them with a mile long barge pole.

It's a while since I opened a new account BT, but for the most recent ones the number of hoops you had to jump through were incredible, numerous ID checks and proof of identity required, and the bookies did apologise for the pantomime and blamed it on government anti money laundering regs. Might be the same thing, but I don't know, if I get some spare time this weekend I might email Ladbrokes Customer Services, and ask them, just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's a while since I opened a new account BT, but for the most recent ones the number of hoops you had to jump through were incredible, numerous ID checks and proof of identity required, and the bookies did apologise for the pantomime and blamed it on government anti money laundering regs. Might be the same thing, but I don't know, if I get some spare time this weekend I might email Ladbrokes Customer Services, and ask them, just out of curiosity.
    Much of the processes revolve around the Money laundering regulations. I have been selling books that I had left from my business by means of a 6-monthly auction at Rothbury for the past 11 years. Quite a number of the auctions have realised decent amounts of money and very time I go to pay in the cheque I have had to go face to face with a member of bank staff and answer the same old questions time after time, in spite of the fact that I have the detailed print-out from the auction which is sometimes 12 pages long! This is in spite of the fact that my business and personal accounts have been with the bank for over 30 years!

It's a sad old world these days.My account number indicates that I was "staff" but if I go to draw out a few hundred quid for any purpose I am quizzed.If I go in to make a payment to a Stockbroker in one of the new fangled ways that they do it I get questioned as to whether I know what I am doing.I can remember a few customers from the past who would have had something to say to me had I questioned them years ago.

Get your chops around this lot.

For the last 12 years it's been the bane of my life..!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Get your chops around this lot.

For the last 12 years it's been the bane of my life..!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made
    Lots of work for lots of people, cushy hours, long holidays, good wages and big pension pots at the end of it. They're not daft are they, and the EU operates the same way, no wonder so many wanted to stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    It's a sad old world these days.My account number indicates that I was "staff" but if I go to draw out a few hundred quid for any purpose I am quizzed.If I go in to make a payment to a Stockbroker in one of the new fangled ways that they do it I get questioned as to whether I know what I am doing.I can remember a few customers from the past who would have had something to say to me had I questioned them years ago.
    I did used to know a lady who worked for Barclays in the centre of Sheffield, the most interesting thing she told me was that Neil Warnock was a regular customer, and regularly tapped her up, she reckoned he was not just an obnoxious football manager.

I know a lady whose daughter used to be a cleaner for Gary Lineker.Say no more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)