+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Idea for finishing this season.

Idea for finishing this season.

I think it痴 about time we started thinking about infecting every professional footballer with Covid. Then, in a fortnights time, they値l all be immune and can start playing again. Fair enough, it値l have to be behind closed doors but I値l settle for watching on the telly. Footballers might not like the idea, but **** em, it痴 for the greater good.

Well most footballers aren't taking pay cuts. There,s a few high profile clubs in Europe have done it but there,s quite a lot who have laid the lower paid staff off and therefore expecting the govt to pay. Spurs did it yesterday
    If some Prem footballers didn't earn another penny in their whole lives they would still be extremely wealthy people so why aren't more volunteering. They are leaving it to us, the taxpayer, to underwrite some of the costs at their clubs. It's no right

RUFC have actually done it too.

One legacy of all this is that the Sky funded football circus could collapse after subscriptions drop and we,ll see who the well run clubs are

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Well most footballers aren't taking pay cuts. There,s a few high profile clubs in Europe have done it but there,s quite a lot who have laid the lower paid staff off and therefore expecting the govt to pay. Spurs did it yesterday
    If some Prem footballers didn't earn another penny in their whole lives they would still be extremely wealthy people so why aren't more volunteering. They are leaving it to us, the taxpayer, to underwrite some of the costs at their clubs. It's no right

RUFC have actually done it too.

One legacy of all this is that the Sky funded football circus could collapse after subscriptions drop and we,ll see who the well run clubs are
    Flour, I reckon we値l be placed in the top ten...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Flour, I reckon we’ll be placed in the top ten...
    Only club in the Championship who made a profit last season I believe.

Still should have bought that striker mind.