+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone taken up a new hobby or gone back to one whilst locked down

anyone taken up a new hobby or gone back to one whilst locked down

im not completly locked down ,we are still making windows for new build sites and care homes
    very busy with the matress cleaning

but i have got my old cameras out and each day i have gone on a long bike ride out to the fens or the wash and started to take some photos

very interesting things around when eveywhere is quiet

seen dear,foxes,owls red kites lamas ad what i think are sky larks (im no bird watcher) im considering developing from home (yes im still using film)

anyone else taking up or returning to new hobbies

also brewed some german beers

I was always fit
    I'm even fitter now
    Training for longer and twice a day

I am rehabilitating re walking 10km a day as my left knee cap fraked atm. Keeping occupied through walking in parks, gardening skills on the up,cooking skills on the up, reading, PC stuff and watching stuff on Netflix/Amazon Prime. As Pboro says very quiet, even here on the borders of London. I am liking the lack of aircraft, cars, people and the increase in clean air.

Might try some more DIY stuff or improve my DIY stuff but the missus not that keen!

No time for boredom that's for sure.

Still working I'm afraid. Done 9 out of the last 10 days. 10 hour shifts. Now drinking beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Still working I'm afraid. Done 9 out of the last 10 days. 10 hour shifts. Now drinking beer.
    Most my lads working as well

Just ordered a new road bike

We;re still in school albeit on a rota basis with only a handful of staff and children. It's very strange being there with so few of us. Other than that, I've got a dobro (steel guitar) sitting here that I've done bugger all with for the few years I've had it so I'm going to try to leasrn slide guitar properly.

Reckon the Blues will be quite appropriate!

Been catching up on my reading where I can, just finished Robbie Fowlers autobiography and now reading Carricks - both very good.

Also in school on rotation, so not completely off work.
    Last edited by Jammy89; 01-04-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Been catching up on my reading where I can, just finished Robbie Fowlers autobiography and now reading Carricks - both very good.

Also in school on rotation, so not completely off work.
    Do you and Zip work at the same school?

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Most my lads working as well

Just ordered a new road bike
    How does the bike work for you with the brass hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Do you and Zip work at the same school?
    No.

I'm down in Oxford, he's up in Toon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)