+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: football clubs on furlough

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can see evidence of that in lots of other things too 59er. For example, it looks like we might start taking homelessness and child poverty seriously now.
    I agree BT.

And not before time too.

We may also start funding our NHS and Social Care services to a decent level and realise that these workers are doing a v1tal job (see what I did there?)
    For too long the social care staff have been seen as a low skilled labour force and their pay, conditions and public recognition has been abysmal.

Perhaps we are starting to realise what things are really important?

I think people have started to realise the GIG economy is just serfdom re-invented.

If I am reading this right it's the non-playing staff that are being placed on furlough.
    The Tottenham chairman puts Jewish businessmen into a very bad light. Greed and selfishness are not the examples we need to see right now. Levy is not alone, non-Jewish chairmen like Ashley and the three muppets who run West Ham are equally as loathsome.
    Thank God we have a chap running our club who puts his staff and the local community first.
    Attachment 15386
    Why does Levy put Jewish businessmen into a very bad light ?

I've waited patiently for two days for someone to notice the anti-Semitic wind up.

I am bloody glad Levy is not representative of the hundred or so clients I have of Jewish heritage. The man is an absolute arsehole IMHO.

I've waited patiently for two days for someone to notice the anti-Semitic wind up.
    Good man BT, we're getting there, now you realise what anti-semitism looks like. From some of your previous efforts you seemed to be in denial.

A different perspective perhaps, but Levy still comes across as a total bag of sh-ite!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...cid=spartandhp

A different perspective perhaps, but Levy still comes across as a total bag of sh-ite!
    He does seem to be a bit odd, along with Burnley, Spurs were the only team who didn't strengthen two summers ago, which seemed to be the catalyst for them losing one of the best managers in the game. Just when they seemed set to become an established top 3/4 club, it all slipped away again, strange way to run a club, especially a big London club.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good man BT, we're getting there, now you realise what anti-semitism looks like. From some of your previous efforts you seemed to be in denial.
    I don't think I have divulged this before sinkov, but my first wife was Jewish. Not an ounce of anti-Semitism in my bones mon ami.

I don't think I have divulged this before sinkov, but my first wife was Jewish. Not an ounce of anti-Semitism in my bones mon ami.
    I'm sure of it BT, if you were anti-semitic you'd still be in it's natural home in the UK, the Labour Party.

There could be an announcement today on Prem players agreeing a drop in their wages.

I won't hold my breath though. Their agents will have summat to say about it.

I think the public are beginning to realise who their real role models should be.

NHS, care workers and others are pulling their tripe out to try to save lives whilst earning a pittance compared to football players, who are currently picking up their £££ for doing bugger all.

If they DON'T agree to a drop in earnings at this time then I will simply not go to another Prem game. I would, in effect, be subsidising their lifestyle.

And when footy finally starts again, the players will be relying on people in the NHS and care sector to pay their inflated wages by paying £££ to watch them either at stadiums or via Sky, BT etc.

This time I believe there will be a backlash (at least temporarily) that will hit football hard. Hopefully the bubble will burst, and not before time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)