+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Scotland Friday Night - Absolute do not miss....

Regards the game itself - for any of you younger guys, don’t miss it. They were magnificent that night in one of our very, very few Hampden triumphs of that time. I’m pretty sure it is the only time we’ve beaten the Tims there in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Regards the game itself - for any of you younger guys, don’t miss it. They were magnificent that night in one of our very, very few Hampden triumphs of that time. I’m pretty sure it is the only time we’ve beaten the Tims there in our history.
    I will watch it mate as i have never seen it.I was in the forces at the time in West Germany.I did get leave from my Liverpool supporting boss for the final and the replay.I will never forget that guy he let me go all over europe to follow United because he knew what it meant to me.
    When you are posted abroad its normally block leave for say three or four weeks at a time,Paul Fairclough my boss let me go piecemeal all over europe and back home to Scotland.Due to him i was home for the League Cup final at Dens(Provie),Monte Carlo,Borrusia Monchengladbach and many other games.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Huns are by far the worst in Scotland in my experience.

Tims frequently as bad.

Wish they would both Fek Aff out of our League.
    They're no in your league...we put you out of that 4 seasons ago...🙈😂😄

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I will watch it mate as i have never seen it.I was in the forces at the time in West Germany.I did get leave from my Liverpool supporting boss for the final and the replay.I will never forget that guy he let me go all over europe to follow United because he knew what it meant to me.
    When you are posted abroad its normally block leave for say three or four weeks at a time,Paul Fairclough my boss let me go piecemeal all over europe and back home to Scotland.Due to him i was home for the League Cup final at Dens(Provie),Monte Carlo,Borrusia Monchengladbach and many other games.
    Yep - know the feeling too well. Deployed on HMS Fearless for 8 months to a Coronavirus free Far East For 8 months in January 97. Last game I saw before leaving was the New Years Day 4-0 scudding of the sheep at Tannadice. Cue one of the best runs in the history of the Club under Wee Tommy and the Scandinavians. And I missed the f@@king lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yep - know the feeling too well. Deployed on HMS Fearless for 8 months to a Coronavirus free Far East For 8 months in January 97. Last game I saw before leaving was the New Years Day 4-0 scudding of the sheep at Tannadice. Cue one of the best runs in the history of the Club under Wee Tommy and the Scandinavians. And I missed the f@@king lot.
    That was fkn class as well, hardly missed a match in that run.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    They're no in your league...we put you out of that 4 seasons ago...������
    Sorry Peter not the time mate but if that makes you happy then chap on.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That was fkn class as well, hardly missed a match in that run.
    I am sure that was the birth of Love is in the air.

Yeah, Killie I think and I'm sure it started out as "Olofsson the air"

♥ Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, Killie I think and I'm sure it started out as "Olofsson the air"
    My first recollection of that Terence is a win at Pittodrie during that run and love was in the air on our return to Dundee.You will be correct but that is the first time i was aware of our support branching into classic pop music to salute our club.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)