+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Scotland Friday Night - Absolute do not miss....

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    They're no in your league...we put you out of that 4 seasons ago...🙈😂😄
    Ha ha. I think you’ll find a combination of ST and Mixu were the main reason we went down a league.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing this on Friday , was 10 years old when this game got played so have no recollection of it at all and don't even know if I was there. My old man used to take me to all the finals in the late 70s and 80s up until St Mirren in 87 when a 16 Yr old Whitfield made his own way with his mates on a football "special".

There's a guy on YouTube who goes under the moniker of Tanaferry who has loads of games from the McLean era. Well worth a look.
    Really looking forward to this. A different atmosphere to matches of later era. Some special United players on show

Going back in time i am currently in the Naafi in Hohne Lager on attachment to the 14/20 Kings Hussars having a couple of pints before i head down to my room.I have bought an expensive radio from the Dutch PX which normally manages to pick up a weak signal from Radio Scotland.My main worry is not whether we can beat Celtic but will i be able to hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Going back in time i am currently in the Naafi in Hohne Lager on attachment to the 14/20 Kings Hussars having a couple of pints before i head down to my room.I have bought an expensive radio from the Dutch PX which normally manages to pick up a weak signal from Radio Scotland.My main worry is not whether we can beat Celtic but will i be able to hear anything.
    Me, my mate and his Dad are currently walking down Battlefield Road peacefully toward the ground to be in in plenty time for kick off. I wasn’t to know it yet, but the walk back was not to be so peaceful but more on that later. For now, C’MON UNITED!

Thankfully the dulcet tones of the legendary David Francey comes booming through my radio.I know i am on the right channel as i hear the Irish national anthem being sung.

Jesus Phuck,typical FN Utd at FN Hampden.

I’m sure I’m thinking ‘Keep it tight United, dinnae lose an early goal FFS................’

Oh you phucker well done Luggy laid on a plate for Bannon 1-1.

Beer ah ower the room 2-1 United. Heggy.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 03-04-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Even at the border of East Germany i know Bonner had to FN go for that challenge,never even got a booking screamed Francey.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)