+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Scotland Friday Night - Absolute do not miss....

BBC Scotland Friday Night - Absolute do not miss....

Latest classic match to be shown - Scottish Cup semi 1981 replay World Famous 3 Celtic 2.

I was there that night with my mate and his Dad. Absolutely magnificent performance, especially from losing a goal early. Was in the covered enclosure behind the goal which was split down the middle with the Tims on the other side. Main memories are of the scenes when Hegarty scored to win it and ‘The Greatest Supporters In The World’s’ reaction to losing, namely the torrent of bricks, bottles and basically anything that could fly that were flung over the segregation into the departing Arabs after the final whistle.

Detestable scum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120719

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Latest classic match to be shown - Scottish Cup semi 1981 replay World Famous 3 Celtic 2.

I was there that night with my mate and his Dad. Absolutely magnificent performance, especially from losing a goal early. Was in the covered enclosure behind the goal which was split down the middle with the Tims on the other side. Main memories are of the scenes when Hegarty scored to win it and ‘The Greatest Supporters In The World’s’ reaction to losing, namely the torrent of bricks, bottles and basically anything that could fly that were flung over the segregation into the departing Arabs after the final whistle.

Detestable scum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120719
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This, but with Glasgow's finest pushing everyone out into the hail of bricks and bottles under threat of arrest if you came back under cover. Not only the greatest supporters that were b@s7@rds that night.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This, but with Glasgow's finest pushing everyone out into the hail of bricks and bottles under threat of arrest if you came back under cover. Not only the greatest supporters that were b@s7@rds that night.
    I was a 12 year old lad back then and absolutely sh@t myself. It genuinely was like the Brixton riots or something. Boils my piss when you see them swanning about thinking that they’re some sort of God’s gift to football fandom. Greatest In The World? Aye, when they’re winning that is - god help you if you beat them.............

By far the worst supporters i've ever seen

arseholes

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    By far the worst supporters i've ever seen

arseholes
    Na, got to be the HUNS for me, absolute cnts in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    To be fair to the Hvns they ken a’body cannae stand them while acting like the scum they are. The ‘Greatest’ are just as scummy but somehow seem to think that everybody else thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread. Baith cheeks of...................

yes huns are a disgrace but 80/90s celtic visits were a war zone. That game the polis laughing and i promise you one or two threw stuff at us. Bottles of piss were the greeting of the catholics that night. Such a nice bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Its not often you are wrong mate,spot on as per usual.

The huns definitely the worst for me

Huns are by far the worst in Scotland in my experience.

Tims frequently as bad.

Wish they would both Fek Aff out of our League.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)