+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clubs laying off non playing staff

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes can see why you put 20%. I doubt many will top it up.

We're trying to keep wages to the full amount. Although the furlough scheme has not kicked in yet, but, understand, it will be backdated.

The real problem is going to be the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan. The banks are being tw*ts.
    The furlough scheme has kicked in. The uncertainty surrounds when businesses will be able to collect the money.

Why are you trying to keep wages at 100%. You may have cash in the bank and can simply afford it. If not, pay the 80% and protect your cashflow.

In 99% of cases and assuming gross salary falls below £37.5k, people will just be as ‘well off’ earning 80% of their normal salary as before.

No one has any idea how long this going to last.

I would urge anyone running a business to look at this logically. Especially if cash is tight.

If you come out the other side and business is booming, give your people a bonus later and make it up that way.

If anyone, due to personal circumstances, fall into problems, deal with it case by case.

Cash is king. A lot of the financial assistance small companies are applying for in way of loans will need paying back.

Not aimed at you Wanchai so don’t attempt to hit me with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    10 million filed for unemployment in the US in the past 2 weeks
    Saw that. Shocking.

Question has just been asked on the government daily report.
    Dominic raab said. The first thing these well paid players should be giving up is there wage to help out the clubs

Howdy - agree with you - sound advise. Agree cash is king.

Only thing Id say not knowing when we will collect paye money is my reason for saying its not kicked in yet.

Howdy - agree with you - sound advise. Agree cash is king.

Only thing Id say not knowing when we will collect paye money is my reason for saying its not kicked in yet.
    I knew what you were saying. I’ve got a new starter who jacked in their job to join us. Can’t claim a penny. Can’t chuck them on the scrapheap. It’s not perfect this scheme.

That’s why I suggest to pay the 80% and look what you can do further down the line.

If you provide credit terms also expect payments to go out 30 days at least. That’s IF you get paid at all.

Gonna be messy.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    10 million filed for unemployment in the US in the past 2 weeks
    Is Trump still Tweeting?

Is Trump still Tweeting?
    No idea, although tbh I haven't seen any of his pearls of wisdom being shown on TV recently.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I knew what you were saying. I’ve got a new starter who jacked in their job to join us. Can’t claim a penny. Can’t chuck them on the scrapheap. It’s not perfect this scheme.

That’s why I suggest to pay the 80% and look what you can do further down the line.

If you provide credit terms also expect payments to go out 30 days at least. That’s IF you get paid at all.

Gonna be messy.
    Is certainly will get messy.

Like I said above, a report from an accouncy group says 800,000 to a million businesses will run out of money in the next 4 week. Our firm of accountants say half its clients could go bust.

If you mothball the business and dont pay suppliers it shifts the problem down the line. Its going to test relationships.

Coventry, Doncaster and Leyton Orient put players on leave

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52156758

Andy Giddings
    @Gids1980
    ·
    3h
    #EPL have announced that they will be donating £20m to the #NHS NHS to help fight the Coronavirus Pandemic.

They have also unnanimously voted to give #EFL and National League clubs £125m to help ease their cash flow problems.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast