+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dun't forget the match today (Setdi)

Dun't forget the match today (Setdi)

Millwall -v- Barnsley Wembley 2016

Sky Sports 1-00pm to 2-00 pm

I hope Hoss will be watching for a history lesson after his "most successful transfer window in BFC history" crass remark. The team out that day would run rings rarnd the present lot.

If you want a laugh our game is followed by Hull-v-Pigs Final 2-00 til 3-00pm. 450,000 (at least) Pig fans transformed from c0cky, deluded individuals to slinking away towards the end. Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

I hope Hoss will be watching for a history lesson after his "most successful transfer window in BFC history" crass remark. The team out that day would run rings rarnd the present lot.

If you want a laugh our game is followed by Hull-v-Pigs Final 2-00 til 3-00pm. 450,000 (at least) Pig fans transformed from c0cky, deluded individuals to slinking away towards the end. Comedy gold.
    Aye it was comedy gold in our hotel that saturday night in the bar following the game .

Niver seen so many sick Wendy's , not summat we seem to be able to inflict on em so tha enjoys what tha can .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

If Carlsberg did weekends!

Funny how tha forgets certain things even though it was only 4 years ago .

The game was more even than tha recalls , that save from Davies @ 3-1 was bloody massive .

Totally forgot about George Williams .

Ivan Toney and Marley Watkins coming off the bench , not too shabby weren't that .

Scowen at right back and had a blinder .

Hourihane was absolute quality , everything went through him , oozed class .

Fletcher was breathing through his ass in the second half .

Those corner routines that caught Millwall out .

Isgrove went off injured !!!! ..... hmm .

Hecky was still caretaker .

Sam Winnall could have had a hat trick .

Wonderful day , great memories of a bloody good side that promised much but sadly broke up 6 months later .

They were highlights Animal so tha dunt allus gerra full picture.
    As I recall at Wembley we obviously dominated the first 25 mins.
    Millwall had the impetus after they scored and had the better of the middle period before and after heyf time though we were still creating the best chances.
    Isgrove's goal the killer and we ed better of last 20 mins.
    Agree that Davie's save was crucial
    Ad forgotten abart our captain George Williams as well. Full backs nivva get the credit they deserve.

Played today I would go Hecky's Team 5 (Winnall 2, Hourihane, Hammill, Roberts) Struber's Team 1 (Woodrow)

Tell ya what when Roberts , Watkins , Scowen , Winnall , Mawson and especially Davies look back at their careers I'll bet they'll say playing for us was the highlight no matter how much brass they've got in the bank .

Davies had two Wembley wins and two promotions in his time here .

Scratching his ass on Stoke's bench these days and that's on a good day .

Just watched it. Great memories. That season is right up there with the best this club has ever had. Nice to see the humble Hecky talking things darn abart gerrin a well deserved contract and letting his players take all the credit. The blowk is class. Why he got so much stick is beyond me and I find it disgusting really. He were working under the same constraints as any other head coach we've had in the last 5 years and got absolutely shafted by the suits upstairs. I were gutted when he left but a dint blame him one bit.