+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summats not reyt abart testing and PPE

Summats not reyt abart testing and PPE

We edda debate a few days ago abart not making this Coronavirus outbreak party political and I agreed with that but I argued we still need to retain the ability to scrutinise, ask questions and hold the Govt to account.

I remain concerned that there seems to be a big difference between the warm words at Press Conferences from those different people on the stage daily and the evidence we hear from front line workers in the NHS, particularly in respect of testing and Personal Protective Equipment.

Are we being told the whole truth and nothing but the truth abart wots happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We edda debate a few days ago abart not making this Coronavirus outbreak party political and I agreed with that but I argued we still need to retain the ability to scrutinise, ask questions and hold the Govt to account.

I remain concerned that there seems to be a big difference between the warm words at Press Conferences from those different people on the stage daily and the evidence we hear from front line workers in the NHS, particularly in respect of testing and Personal Protective Equipment.

Are we being told the whole truth and nothing but the truth abart wots happening ?
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ment-shortages

In my opinion no we're not. Nowt new theear. A dunt think politicians know the meaning of the word 'truth'. You'd hope that something will be learned from this pandemic, by that I mean by both MPs and the public alike. The change in our lifestyle is something we should try to embrace and learn some humility from. With all the selfish greed leaving fellow consumers short of essentials, the horrible tragic deaths, a new outlook on life should emerge from all this which might make the world a better place, well you'd hope so. The 8pm applause for the NHS workers was a great positive step, warmed mi heart it did.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Disgusting to read but unsurprising really.

In the past someone emerges from the pack and takes charge of the situation and whilst there is much hardship and heartache everyone pretty much agrees that they performed the best job with the cards at hand .

Churchill in WW2 and Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling in 2008 are those at the top of such a list .

In the UK we have Boris Johnson and across the pond they have Donald Trump !!! .

A neighbour of mine a spoke to on phone wo ruerrin abart wot she wo expected to do wiart the proper equipment, She ezza flimsy mask wi gaps at the top and sides and no eye protection yet is very close to Corona cases.
    These people are being sent in to do a job wiart the proper protection.
    Clapping them at 8 pm on a designated neet is not enough.

Italy went through 2000 deaths and their doubling time was 4.5 days and rising fast .

We've gone through 2000 deaths with a doubling time of 2.9 days and falling .

We had 6 weeks to learn from China .

We had two weeks to learn from Italy .

We didn't learn from either .

Our trend at this stage of the pandemic is worse than any other country in the world other than Spain .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Italy went through 2000 deaths and their doubling time was 4.5 days and rising fast .

We've gone through 2000 deaths with a doubling time of 2.9 days and falling .

We had 6 weeks to learn from China .

We had two weeks to learn from Italy .

We didn't learn from either .

Our trend at this stage of the pandemic is worse than any other country in the world other than Spain .

Unfortunately we can't turn back the clock and I find it baffling why our government was so slow to react and put the necessary measures in place to protect us. It's almost as if they hoped it would go away by itself.

A neighbour of mine a spoke to on phone wo ruerrin abart wot she wo expected to do wiart the proper equipment, She ezza flimsy mask wi gaps at the top and sides and no eye protection yet is very close to Corona cases.
    These people are being sent in to do a job wiart the proper protection.
    Clapping them at 8 pm on a designated neet is not enough.
    No it's not but my point was based on the publics mentality changing in the light of what's going on SB rather than the government's failings. If more people recognize and appreciate the brilliant job NHS workers do and the impact it can have on many people's health, then it is a positive towards the future. In the past they may well have taken it for granted. Let's hope a change in the publics mentality will see a change in government and in turn expand and fund the NHS with the requirements it desperately needs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast