+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summats not reyt abart testing and PPE

It has got party political and it doesn't help one bit.
    John MacDonell does himself no favours. He'd die before he gave the government credit for anything.
    It just makes him look daft & petty.
    I don't go for comparing countries either. i think it tells you more about their societies than how they're tackling it.
    The Chinese & Russians undoubtedly doctor statistics, plus they'd 'disappear' if they stepped out of line.
    God knows what's going on in Korea, and the Swedes are carrying on as normal
    The Germans are renowned for their discipline, whereas us and the US do what the hell we like and can't take instruction.
    NHS staff should be better equipped, no doubt about it, just like our forces have gone to war ill prepared.
    Maybe the NHS will be more appreciated when this is all over. As the government is throwing money around perhaps even a bonus? If they can pay Premier League club's staff wages, why not?
    Listening to phone ins and watching the news we haven't got a chance. Some people are pathetic.
    We could do with a cull. Unfortunately it will be the poor & the elderly that cop for it not the selfish ones with no backbone.
    I watched an episode of 'The World at War' last week. Women & children rummaging around in the ruins of their houses, husbands & fathers dodging bullets in foreign countries and some of the current low life can't even stop in and watch telly.
    There's good and bad on both sides of the political divide, god and bad rich and poor. Point scoring gets nobody anywhere.
    Last edited by Hodger1957; 01-04-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Things getting desparate now. Wife works in a doctors. They’ve run out of antiseptic wipes. They cleaned surfaces with Bleach solution yesterday and then the Manager told them to take the cloths home to wash and bring back tomorrow . They won’t be coming into to our house. I

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    It has got party political and it doesn't help one bit.
    John MacDonell does himself no favours. He'd die before he gave the government credit for anything.
    It just makes him look daft & petty.
    I don't go for comparing countries either. i think it tells you more about their societies than how they're tackling it.
    The Chinese & Russians undoubtedly doctor statistics, plus they'd 'disappear' if they stepped out of line.
    God knows what's going on in Korea, and the Swedes are carrying on as normal
    The Germans are renowned for their discipline, whereas us and the US do what the hell we like and can't take instruction.
    NHS staff should be better equipped, no doubt about it, just like our forces have gone to war ill prepared.
    Maybe the NHS will be more appreciated when this is all over. As the government is throwing money around perhaps even a bonus? If they can pay Premier League club's staff wages, why not?
    Listening to phone ins and watching the news we haven't got a chance. Some people are pathetic.
    We could do with a cull. Unfortunately it will be the poor & the elderly that cop for it not the selfish ones with no backbone.
    I watched an episode of 'The World at War' last week. Women & children rummaging around in the ruins of their houses, husbands & fathers dodging bullets in foreign countries and some of the current low life can't even stop in and watch telly.
    There's good and bad on both sides of the political divide, god and bad rich and poor. Point scoring gets nobody anywhere.

Well unless there is some seriously good news in the coming days we WILL become the worst affected european country .

That in my opinion will be the net result of the herd immunity strategy last month and the failure to prepare in February .

I have acknowledged the government have taken very good measures to keep people in jobs and protect businesses , done far more than I thought they would .

I'll also accept that the massive recession that's going to follow this pandemic is no fault of the government what so ever and we will all have to accept it as a consequence of this pandemic .

However unnecessary loss of life through bad decision making cannot escape criticism and must never be allowed to .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Things getting desparate now. Wife works in a doctors. They’ve run out of antiseptic wipes. They cleaned surfaces with Bleach solution yesterday and then the Manager told them to take the cloths home to wash and bring back tomorrow . They won’t be coming into to our house. I
    The stories JLO tells me when she comes in from work scare the shyte out of me , she works in social care for BMBC .

I don't want her to go in because her own health isn't too great but because of the great sense of duty she shares as well as the rest of her team she carries on even doing extra shifts to cover the 30% who are off sick or self isolating .

The whole thing would collapse if they didn't risk their own health and still they don't have enough PPE .

It's fecking scary .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

However unnecessary loss of life through bad decision making cannot escape criticism and must never be allowed to .
    True but the public have to accept responsibility as well. The lack of respect for the rules laid down is still evident. My missus went shopping yesterday, observing the 2m rule as the vast majority were, forming an orderly queue outside the store, respecting the restrictions on the amount of people that could go in the store but some arseoyle decided he was above all that and barged right to the front abusing the door staff right in their faces because they told him to go to the back of the queue. Once inside she said that there were 4 or 5 impatient and disrespectful idiots knocking into her for reasons unknown.

It just doesn't sink in does it wi some folk.
    Watching the news is harrowing and distressing. Day after day there are people who've lost loved ones pleading for people to do the right thing and keep social distancing. Yes the government has been far too slow to react but now they have reacted. Unfortunately there's still numpties out there with zero respect for society potentially doing untold damage. These people need to be held accountable too.

I agree Hodge that party politics need to be kept out of this. If Johnson's and Cummings' ego would allow there should be a Cabinet of National Unity comprising various political parties, relevant experts and front line representatives

I still say there is nothing wrong with scrutinising, questioning and holding those in power to account. It has taken three days of persistent questioning to get the fact that only 2000 out of 500,000 front line NHS staff have been tested. Bluster abart "ramping up" this and that needs monitoring to see what the actual facts are on the ground.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 02-04-2020 at 10:26 AM.

There are individuals at all levels of society that flout the rules/guidelines Pass. From Royalty with unnecessary travel and queue jumping tests, to politicians at the centre of Govt ignoring social distancing, to ASOS bosses having workers employed in unsafe conditions. to the lowlife you have described. In Sowerby Bridge a man has been arrested for intentionally coughing in a Bobby's face.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well unless there is some seriously good news in the coming days we WILL become the worst affected european country .

That in my opinion will be the net result of the herd immunity strategy last month and the failure to prepare in February .

I have acknowledged the government have taken very good measures to keep people in jobs and protect businesses , done far more than I thought they would .

I'll also accept that the massive recession that's going to follow this pandemic is no fault of the government what so ever and we will all have to accept it as a consequence of this pandemic .

Bad decision making under extreme pressure can be made, but those people have to live with it.
    Whether it's Grenfell, Hillsborough, Aberfan, The Titanic, The Somme or anything else. Someone is always ultimately to blame.
    Public opinion of the government has gone downhill after they wheeled out some inadequate people for the press conferences.
    The aggressive questioning is not necessary in my opinion. It's like a sport to some of them. They smell blood and keep firing questions that nobody has an answer to. I've had a few tough interviews but not on live TV with loaded questions where one wrong answer could ruin your career.
    Put Daniel Levy or Mike Ashley up there to get them to explain their actions and you'd get record viewing figures.

I can't believe anyone is deliberately holding back testing or protective equipment. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Bad decision making under extreme pressure can be made, but those people have to live with it.
    Whether it's Grenfell, Hillsborough, Aberfan, The Titanic, The Somme or anything else. Someone is always ultimately to blame.
    Public opinion of the government has gone downhill after they wheeled out some inadequate people for the press conferences.
    The aggressive questioning is not necessary in my opinion. It's like a sport to some of them. They smell blood and keep firing questions that nobody has an answer to. I've had a few tough interviews but not on live TV with loaded questions where one wrong answer could ruin your career.
    Put Daniel Levy or Mike Ashley up there to get them to explain their actions and you'd get record viewing figures.

I can't believe anyone is deliberately holding back testing or protective equipment. It makes no sense.
    Your references to Hillsborough , Grenfell and Aberfan were also great tragedies that had warnings and near misses attached to them well in advance .

Seems we learn very little Hodger and three wrongs don't make a right .

This government has blood on it's hands , knows it has blood on it's hands and tell lies to evade scrutiny .

Unacceptable .

Just watched the latest Press Conference.

If i were a front line NHS worker would I be reassured ?

"Lions led by Donkeys" was the phrase used in WW1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast