+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets for 2020-21

Season tickets for 2020-21

I was interested to read Mal Brannigan's latest statement to everybody particularly the financial situation.

On the income front, we had initially looked at holding back on making season tickets available for fans to purchase, essentially because of the question of when this season would end and the next one commence, but we also need to be prepared for when football does resume. In the coming weeks, we will make available for sale 2020/21 season tickets and, through pricing plans and other incentives to try to make them as attractive as possible, encourage all Arabs out there to support United with the purchase of a season ticket, with the offering that fits your budget best. The revenue generated will go to strengthen your Club’s financial position at this crucial and uncertain time.

The club needs everyone who can to support them and I'm sure a few of us will be able and willing to pay for our season tickets now so that some cash injection goes into the club.

It is difficult times for us all but we want to show our owner that we stand together.

Keep in mind theres alot of us who do the monthly up front payments too so they do get income every month

At a time when football players across the UK are still being paid thousands of pounds per week for doing F ALL,i am not comfortable for ANY club asking fans earning phuck all to purchase season tickets.I have missed direct debits for the first time in my life,cannot go into an FN supermarket or go to work so my advice to Mal Brannigan is simple,"Until you know when this pandemic is over and we have all returned to work do not alienate me or other supporters by asking us for money."
    I was one of the first to post on another thread that IF i was able to work i would support the club but when i think about it why the phuck should i?,if it was to pay players who earn an amount i can never attain to for watching box sets in their living rooms then sorry count me out.

BTW i am fully prepared for the onslaught coming my way.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    BTW i am fully prepared for the onslaught coming my way.
    You shouldn't feel pressure to buy a season ticket in your position and I don't think anyone would argue with you.

But there are fans that would be happy to do it so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You shouldn't feel pressure to buy a season ticket in your position and I don't think anyone would argue with you.

But there are fans that would be happy to do it so why not?
    Totally agree Terence,if you feel you want to buy a season ticket for a season that may well never happen then fine.What i will say that is different from Mal is i have customers out there from Dundee to Carnoustie who owe me money but i would NEVER at this time ask them to pay me.
    Its only my own opinion but i have decided that money owed to me for the time being is on hold and i would never have the audacity to ask customers to pay me for a service i could not promise to deliver in the future.

Who knows what will happen but the club we all love needs to go on. For me personally it's a bit of an odd situation. For years I have had a season ticket in the ETU but recently it has become (physically) too difficult for me to do this. This means, for the past 3 matches I have taken my newly purchased electric chair and been in the Shed. So, for next season I was going to discuss the options of what I will be doing going forward. Given most of the staff have been furloughed I'm not sure what/when I can do this as I certainly can't just renew my season ticket. It'll be interesting to see how the club plans to do this, I'm guessing on-line orders only otherwise how would it be possible?

I am very sorry to read your above post Terence and i truly salute your commitment to our club.I have posted many times on this board that this poster or that poster is a better supporter or fan of the club than i am and you certainly meet that criteria,FACT with a WASC.

Nah, I'm just plodding on, nothing else for it. I think it is in the movie Shawshank Redemption: you get busy living or you get busy dying.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Nah, I'm just plodding on, nothing else for it. I think it is in the movie Shawshank Redemption: you get busy living or you get busy dying.
    I am just sorry now that the only time i met you my bus was about to leave,i sincerely wish i had been able to spend more time having a blether.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)