+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Force Majeur

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    How right wing people think. Stage by stage.

1. Coronavirus isn’t serious, same as flu, lots more people die of other things.
    2. Coronavirus is serious, but if we let enough people get it then herd immunity will develop. We'll allow stuff like Cheltenham races to go ahead.
    3. Coronavirus is very serious, but if we make people stop at home then it’ll be all over in 12 weeks/by Easter.
    4. Coronavirus is very very serious and it’s all someone else’s fault when loads of people die.
    This exactly - it's played out on this board and across the right wing.

The irony is that they were happy for a bit of an economic hit to 'get Brexit done' but not willing to take an economic hit to save lives.

Makes me think it was all about their own money. With Brexit they could use their capital to have very specific short positions (see how the Chancellor made his money). With this they cannot.

Frog face Farrage has proved himself - if you are an oldie and voted for Brexit thanks very much - but you are expendable now.

[I]"I'm not sure removing the PM and all of the cabinet right now will be seen as prudent."
    ... there are rare occasions when your sense of humour shows itself ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We might as well put the pigeons in charge Sailor Boy. Even the Telegraph, Johnson’s fan club newspaper, has turned.
    I wonder if The Guardian would have turned on Corbyn's lot ( nothing more than a bunch of activists and protesters, politicians they aint ) by now. I don't remember seeing free pandemic planning in the Momentum manifesto.

IMO, providing front line staff with PPE is more important than testing. Don't get me wrong, testing can be useful to stop the spread of the virus and to allow staff who suspect they have the virus to return to work but the real gamechanger will be the immunity testing. We're in desperate need of some good news folks but I fear it will be a good while before we receive any.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I don't remember seeing free pandemic planning in the Momentum manifesto.
    Shockingly me neither. Perhaps the lack of ventilators and PPE for the NHS is Corbyns fault? I'm sure there must be an angle to blame him and not the party that has been in government for the past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    IMO, providing front line staff with PPE is more important than testing. Don't get me wrong, testing can be useful to stop the spread of the virus and to allow staff who suspect they have the virus to return to work but the real gamechanger will be the immunity testing. We're in desperate need of some good news folks but I fear it will be a good while before we receive any.
    Absolutely. My wife is still working in children's outpatients at the moment and she's not been tested, nor as she recieved any PPE. Very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Shockingly me neither. Perhaps the lack of ventilators and PPE for the NHS is Corbyns fault? I'm sure there must be an angle to blame him and not the party that has been in government for the past 10 years.
    I believe the NHS's been underfunded for years. I also believe Corbyn is a complete and utter waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So which one is lying?
    The Government are lying. As Conservative Governments always do.

The Minister on yesterday (Alok Sharma) kept repeating the "we are testing 10,000 daily". Every national newspaper is saying 2000. The ticker-tape on BBC and Sky are also saying 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I believe the NHS's been underfunded for years. I also believe Corbyn is a complete and utter waste of space.
    Me too. But Corbyn is not in charge, nor has he ever been so he is completely irrelevant to what is happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Me too. But Corbyn is not in charge, nor has he ever been so he is completely irrelevant to what is happening now.
    Whoever would have been in charge at the start of all this would have made mistakes. I would be a lot more worried if I was a Yank with that dipstick running things.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast