+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Least favourite British accent/dialect

Scouse and Brummie for me. I think Scouse always sounds so common I'm no upper class guy like bus Christ everyone of them sounds like they've just come out of job centre. The Brummie accent I just find so slow, and find it strange how they pronounce certain letters when speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Followed by the new London accent that is tinged with a bit of Jamaican in it that all the wannabee gangsters use now.False as fùck.
    This is so true! That is one of the worst I've heard, sounds incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    I think Scouse always sounds so common I'm no upper class guy like bus Christ everyone of them sounds like they've just come out of job centre.
    Hahaha

Anybody got a decent link to a video with someone who's speaking with a Mackem accent? Not sure I've got it right.

Check out Jimmy Carr on British accents, does a good Scouse one also Geordie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ05riJ3SgA
    Last edited by Cannylad; 02-04-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Anybody got a decent link to a video with someone who's speaking with a Mackem accent? Not sure I've got it right.
    Listen to a Jordan Henderson interview Hughie

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Has to be a mackem accent. It gets right on my nerves. Followed by the new London accent that is tinged with a bit of Jamaican in it that all the wannabee gangsters use now.False as fùck.
    London,I'm sure you are talking about the merchants who come out with "Jowamim" translated into "Do you know what I mean"

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    London,I'm sure you are talking about the merchants who come out with "Jowamim" translated into "Do you know what I mean"
    Agree with you Bill I’ve worked with loads of Cockneys over the years and their horrible people

I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them always looking for an angle and lazy barstewards to boot

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Agree with you Bill I’ve worked with loads of Cockneys over the years and their horrible people

I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them always looking for an angle and lazy barstewards to boot
    yes as someone who has worked with cockneys and geordies i must admit both think manual labour is a mexican ,

wouldnt trust any of them they would all nick the fillings from your mouth given half the chance worse than the bin dipping scousers some of them

mind you i know two cockney nurses and they are the salt of the earth

suppose its just how unlucky you are
    i usually find the better the person the better person you get associated with
    work with dogs and all that

not all of course
    some are ok

the ones i have met from here are anyway

Love them all in their own way.

As the world gets smaller and we all use the same silly slang, abbreviations, text talk, American and Ossieisms I think the rich variety of accents in such a small place needs to be appreciated. Even in the ssme region there are subtle differences heard by the trained ear.

I particularly like the Geordie accent followed by the Bolton, Ulster Scots County Antrim, the Glaswegian, Welsh valleys and I find the West Country accent very endearing.

Dont mind a proper Cockney but hate the fake ones some have along with the fake Gangsta accents tinged with fake American/African/West Indies when they haven't set foot out of their home town.

Though the Es***, Dublin and Londonderry accents do grate.

Brummie I find comical, even in Peaky Blinders.

Favourite of all is a woman with a deep south accent, Louisiana, Georgia.

Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Love them all in their own way.

As the world gets smaller and we all use the same silly slang, abbreviations, text talk, American and Ossieisms I think the rich variety of accents in such a small place needs to be appreciated. Even in the ssme region there are subtle differences heard by the trained ear.

I particularly like the Geordie accent followed by the Bolton, Ulster Scots County Antrim, the Glaswegian, Welsh valleys and I find the West Country accent very endearing.

Dont mind a proper Cockney but hate the fake ones some have along with the fake Gangsta accents tinged with fake American/African/West Indies when they haven't set foot out of their home town.

Though the Es***, Dublin and Londonderry accents do grate.

Brummie I find comical, even in Peaky Blinders.

Favourite of all is a woman with a deep south accent, Louisiana, Georgia.

Phew.
    I have a black mate who talks patwa to his family
    Sounds magical
    But his normal accent is Irish

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    I have a black mate who talks patwa to his family
    Sounds magical
    But his normal accent is Irish
    I had a mate years ago, went to Canada on holiday and came home talking with a Canadian accent for a month. Daft cnt.

Also a childhood mate now lives in Yorkshire complete with the full accent. Surreal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)