+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: League ended

See the huns have started ripping up the ibrox pitch too, that means no imminent games then...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    See the huns have started ripping up the ibrox pitch too, that means no imminent games then...
    selling it off to pay the electric bill?

Championship, League 1 & League 2 clubs to be asked to vote on ending the leagues now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

Fair enough. Treating this spell as the summer break. Probably not a bad thing to do tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Championship, League 1 & League 2 clubs to be asked to vote on ending the leagues now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595
    Holy schit, it’s actually happening.

I was worried that all it would entail would be confirming league positions but without explicitly saying anything about promotion and relegation, however I note that the communique specifically says that the top teams WILL be promoted and the bottom reams relegated with the play offs scrapped. Consequently the only outstanding issue would be what happens with the Premiership i.e. do we straight replace Hearts or is there reconstruction. Either way we will be up and this nightmare will be over. We’re having a household BBQ tonight and the bottle of champagne is going in the fridge.

Just in case.

times the bbq James i will pop round with some champers and burgers too. I am currently staying at my 2nd home in Fife (i follow by example) so not far to drive

Need 8 votes to end our season, obviously Partick and Dundee will vote no rest will depend on finances

Need 8 votes to end our season, obviously Partick and Dundee will vote no rest will depend on finances
    Yeh that’s how I’ve looked at it. ICT and Ayr are the pivotal votes and it comes down to their risk/reward i.e. do they risk the increasingly remote chance of getting into and then playing the play offs or take League money now ( particularly with ICT) and avoid a financial nightmare.

Whats now hilarious is if it does end at 8-2 it’ll be blindingly obvious who voted with Partick.

ICT need the money, Dundee too (but they will vote no)- Dunfermline and Ayr may be the key votes. But reckon they may need money more. I actually dont mind if we dont get a trophy or term champions and just promoted. Obviously finishing season to large crowds and winning it would be ideal but not going to happen. Weve won league anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    times the bbq James i will pop round with some champers and burgers too. I am currently staying at my 2nd home in Fife (i follow by example) so not far to drive

Not a problem S71, we can follow The Funster’s example who have been ensuring social distancing from United in the League since August.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)