+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club Bruges to be named champions as Belgian Pro League cancelled

Club Bruges to be named champions as Belgian Pro League cancelled

The first major league to say quits. Club were 15 points clear with 1 game left of the regular season remaining. Normally there would be playoffs to decide the winner, but they have been scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    The first major league to say quits. Club were 15 points clear with 1 game left of the regular season remaining. Normally there would be playoffs to decide the winner, but they have been scrapped.
    Interesting. What have they done regarding relegation? I imagine the teams at the bottom are not cut adrift so more difficult to do?

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Interesting. What have they done regarding relegation? I imagine the teams at the bottom are not cut adrift so more difficult to do?
    Bottom team is 2 points adrift having won only 5 games all season and have an inferior goal difference. Also, given the fact the the team bottom and assumed to be relegated were playing the team in 2nd who needed the points to secure Champions League football next season, the likelihood of the form table being turned upside down is minimal.
    Fair outcome in my opinion.
    Last edited by Notts78; 02-04-2020 at 08:55 PM.