Due to being bored and running out of football things to read, I had a look/laugh at onevalefan. It did not disappoint as the below exchange proves, some of them are that desperate to try and belittle The Alex that they have convinced themselves we, the Crewe Alexandra fans, only raised £50,000 when we all know it was £250,000.

The odd thing is as soon as we raised the £250k literally the next day they started talking about raising money to try and complete that stand of theirs that has been half built for nearly a quarter of a century, I'm sure the timing of their 'project' was just a coincidence, the day after we had successfully raised £250k, and that they are not that obsessed that they would feel the need to try and copy us, but their again maybe they are seeing as they have wiped £200k off the figure we actually raised.

I tried to register on OVF, but for some reason they did not let me join.

Still with their much bigger fan base (as per old sage) they will smash their target of £100,000 (which is less than half of what we raised). Only £94,000 to go lads

davehartshill
davehartshill
Members
3,428 posts

Posted March 2 (edited)
Over £6k already is a smashing start. I’m sure the supporters club are putting words in the ears of local businesses and hopefully that will see some larger donations to really get us heading toward that goal.

Crewe raised £250k fairly quickly recently so I’m sure we can smash £100k.

Edited March 2 by davehartshill

cheshirevaliant
cheshirevaliant
Members
4,565 posts

Posted March 2
I believe only around 20% of Crewe's target was raised by the general fanbase though, the rest was donated by wealthy local businesses/people.

TheSage
TheSage
Members
4,987 posts

Posted March 2
On 02/03/2020 at 12:59, cheshirevaliant said:
I believe only around 20% of Crewe's target was raised by the general fanbase though, the rest was donated by wealthy local businesses/people.

Point taken but it's still around 50K isn't it? And we do have a bigger fan base than Crewe.

Hopefully if we manage to raise even that kind of sum we may be able to get sponsorship to complete the job.