+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Port Vale Fake News

Port Vale Fake News

Due to being bored and running out of football things to read, I had a look/laugh at onevalefan. It did not disappoint as the below exchange proves, some of them are that desperate to try and belittle The Alex that they have convinced themselves we, the Crewe Alexandra fans, only raised £50,000 when we all know it was £250,000.

The odd thing is as soon as we raised the £250k literally the next day they started talking about raising money to try and complete that stand of theirs that has been half built for nearly a quarter of a century, I'm sure the timing of their 'project' was just a coincidence, the day after we had successfully raised £250k, and that they are not that obsessed that they would feel the need to try and copy us, but their again maybe they are seeing as they have wiped £200k off the figure we actually raised.

I tried to register on OVF, but for some reason they did not let me join.

Still with their much bigger fan base (as per old sage) they will smash their target of £100,000 (which is less than half of what we raised). Only £94,000 to go lads

davehartshill
    davehartshill
    Members
    3,428 posts

Posted March 2 (edited)
    Over £6k already is a smashing start. I’m sure the supporters club are putting words in the ears of local businesses and hopefully that will see some larger donations to really get us heading toward that goal.

Crewe raised £250k fairly quickly recently so I’m sure we can smash £100k.

Edited March 2 by davehartshill

cheshirevaliant
    cheshirevaliant
    Members
    4,565 posts

Posted March 2
    I believe only around 20% of Crewe's target was raised by the general fanbase though, the rest was donated by wealthy local businesses/people.

TheSage
    TheSage
    Members
    4,987 posts

Posted March 2
    On 02/03/2020 at 12:59, cheshirevaliant said:
    I believe only around 20% of Crewe's target was raised by the general fanbase though, the rest was donated by wealthy local businesses/people.

Point taken but it's still around 50K isn't it? And we do have a bigger fan base than Crewe.

Hopefully if we manage to raise even that kind of sum we may be able to get sponsorship to complete the job.

Interesting 'piece' lol I think we will leave them to it unless anyone on here wants to chip in !!

I'm no lover of The Vale, but I don't really have a problem with those posts.
    Do we know for a fact that 250K was raised by ordinary every day fans? Or as the Vale poster suggests, only 50K was from ordinary fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I'm no lover of The Vale, but I don't really have a problem with those posts.
    Do we know for a fact that 250K was raised by ordinary every day fans? Or as the Vale poster suggests, only 50K was from ordinary fans.
    Yes we do know for a fact, as the supporters group stated that over 400 individual pledges were revived to make up the £250,000.

Fair enough. But individual pledges could still be on behalf of businesses, and not necessarily ordinary fans GIVING money to the club. Just saying.
    You never know, it might spark a debate....nah.

What is the situation regarding buying out Hassell's shares in the club? Thought I had seen a deadline of end-February 2020 set by Hassell. Grateful for an update.

As far as I know it is all done and dusted, new directors and a 'fan' on board as well. Everything was looking up till this virus

Thank you. Great news for the club but joy dampened by the Covid 19 shutdown.