+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millers set to furlough 1st team staff

Millers set to furlough 1st team staff

Speaking to the 'Tiser, boss Paul Warne admits that The Millers would probably have to furlough some 1st team staff - External Link

If the club does this then makes up the extra so the footballers don't loose any wage they can fek off regards my season ticket next season. The 80% was brought in by the government to help people who will be struggling to make ends meet. The £625 they will get per week is more than enough. Don't fekin do it Tony

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If the club does this then makes up the extra so the footballers don't loose any wage they can fek off regards my season ticket next season. The 80% was brought in by the government to help people who will be struggling to make ends meet. The £625 they will get per week is more than enough. Don't fekin do it Tony
    If clubs furlough staff, those members of staff will not be allowed to work. So, in effect, if part of the management team they cannot instruct players on fitness regimes through the shutdown, and players should not be allowed to train (training is their job). Obviously impossible to regulate.

If Stewart makes up wages at the football club, interested to see if he does the same at his business.

I suspect that's why PW has said 'some' first team staff.
    He may perceive that some players won't play again this season anyway regardless of the virus

What happens with loan players, do we stop paying them what we agreed to and their own clubs sort them out or are we still paying them the full amount?

Just wondering