+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 22)

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Martin Peters (on the basis he was a team mate of Martin Chivers. (Well, you said ‘jammy’!)
    Peter Withe
    Alan Gilzean
    Jimmy Greaves
    Tony Woodcock
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-04-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Carl Robinson

sorry Karl Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Peter Withe
    Alan Gilzean
    Jimmy Greaves
    Tony Woodcock
    Winner. Yes I'm in there somewhere Mike! Couldn't believe CT didn't get it.

I am Alan Gilzean (RIP)

I was a prolific goal scorer in my early years but played more a supporting role later on. 169 goals in 190 games for Dundee

I played for my country. Scotland

I have quite a few things in common with Ronnie Moore. Played football, both had sons called Ian who became profesional footballers and I was known as The King of White Hart Lane

I was involved in a game that is unique in English football. Tottenham Hotspur v Rotherham United (only ever been one)

I didn't particularly like playing football. I stated, whilst playing, that I disliked football and had no intention of furthering my career after playing

I won a league title managed by a famous name. Bob Shankly (Bill's brother) managed me at Dundee to the Scottish League Title

I achieved something that nobody alive has done. I scored a goal for Tottenham against Rotherham. The other one was scored by Martin Peters (RIP)

I won 4 major cups, one of them in a two legged final. FA Cup, 2 League Cups and a UEFA Cup over 2 legs against Wolves

I formed a well known parnership that had nothing to do with the FBI. Me and Jimmy Greaves were known as the G-Men

I played in a European Cup Semi Final but lost out to the eventual winners. For Dundee in 1962-3, lost to AC MIlan. Scored 9 goals in the competition including 2 hat tricks.

My club upset Rotherham United. I believe there was an issue with disabled fans being allowed into WHL for the FA Cup tie which meant Derek Dalton wouldn't get to see the game. Not sure if he ever did?

One of my playing partners was a bit jammy. Martin Chivers
    Last edited by CAMiller; 04-04-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    Hi Cam. I am well thanks,

Ive not been too well in recent months but hopefully on my way back to full health.

I have popped in for a look every once in a while.

Hope you are well? stay safe my old mucka in these awful times! and keep up the good work on here. (Not an easy job)

Im enjoying reading your posts, you are always witty and make me laugh from time to time.

Best Regards

Your old mate Knocker
    Glad to hear you're on the mend. Stay safe and good to see you here. CAM

Got one right at last. The "jammy" clue could have been Chivers or Robertson, and both played under famous managers, played in Europe, etc.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-04-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Good one Cam . Didn't realise it was the only time we've played Spurs. I was a spotty youth of 15 at the time and remember feeling let down that our centre forward at the time came out with his boots taped up.
    On a separate note how can I use a quote with part of a reply without using it all?

...didn't get anywhere near that - and I was at that Spurs game!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Winner. Yes I'm in there somewhere Mike! Couldn't believe CT didn't get it.

I am Alan Gilzean (RIP)

I was a prolific goal scorer in my early years but played more a supporting role later on. 169 goals in 190 games for Dundee

I played for my country. Scotland

I have quite a few things in common with Ronnie Moore. Played football, both had sons called Ian who became profesional footballers and I was known as The King of White Hart Lane

I was involved in a game that is unique in English football. Tottenham Hotspur v Rotherham United (only ever been one)

I didn't particularly like playing football. I stated, whilst playing, that I disliked football and had no intention of furthering my career after playing

I won a league title managed by a famous name. Bob Shankly (Bill's brother) managed me at Dundee to the Scottish League Title

I achieved something that nobody alive has done. I scored a goal for Tottenham against Rotherham. The other one was scored by Martin Peters (RIP)

I won 4 major cups, one of them in a two legged final. FA Cup, 2 League Cups and a UEFA Cup over 2 legs against Wolves

I formed a well known parnership that had nothing to do with the FBI. Me and Jimmy Greaves were known as the G-Men

I played in a European Cup Semi Final but lost out to the eventual winners. For Dundee in 1962-3, lost to AC MIlan. Scored 9 goals in the competition including 2 hat tricks.

My club upset Rotherham United. I believe there was an issue with disabled fans being allowed into WHL for the FA Cup tie which meant Derek Dalton wouldn't get to see the game. Not sure if he ever did?

One of my playing partners was a bit jammy. Martin Chivers
    Well done, mikemiller!

I knew it was a Chivers or Robertson connection with your last clue but it was getting late here, my knee was giving me gyp and I was losing the will to live with thinking about it too much - so I went to bed knowing someone else would have it by the time I woke up!

For a quiz you said should be easy, we did make a meal of it, didn’t we!

Could have even been, say, Paul Hartley but I don't think he ever played in European competitions. I hope you recovery goes well, CT.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast