+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30% wage cut

30% wage cut

I see the Prem has asked players to take a wage cut of 30%.
    A very reasonable request in these times - they should also make it not allowed for clubs to furlough other staff.

I’m sure the players will survive without needing to go to the food bank.

30% is a minimum. Should be helping out the non playing staff with that missing 20%.

I will rephrase that.

Ashley should be helping out by paying non playing staff a full wage. Not the tax payer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I will rephrase that.

Ashley should be helping out by paying non playing staff a full wage. Not the tax payer.
    He might do, if he wasn’t an utter c*nt.

Absolutely reasonable....the very least amount, you'd think.

no one should have to take a cut

why should they take a bigger cut than others
    their ourgoings will reflect what they earn

why do we always pick on footballers regarding wages

if like most they took 20% that would be fare

they pay huge amounts of tax etc so why then take a bigger hit than others

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    no one should have to take a cut

why should they take a bigger cut than others
    their ourgoings will reflect what they earn

why do we always pick on footballers regarding wages

if like most they took 20% that would be fare

Because they get paid millions for playing football. For what they do their wages are obscene and out of all proportion to what they actually do. No. it's not their fault at all but they are lucky beyond belief to have such an incredible reward for playing a game they happen to be good at.

It comes as no surprise at all that you're going against the flow.

Agreed they should be taking the cut.

And agreed that clubs shouldn't be allowed to furlough staff and then go to taxpayer for money, when paying millions to players.

Sits very wrong for me.

Overpaid bunch of wànkers anyway. Here is a thought, they are getting paid at this moment in time for sitting on their arsès at home. Why should they be paid at all, they are not playing. Whereas teachers, shopworkers, care workers, delivery drivers, NHS workers in particular are out there putting the interests of the rest of the country 1st and putting themselves in harms way of this horrible virus for their usual pay.
    So fùck the overpaid, give it all to these people. Billionaire owners crying cap in hand. I take it those defending footballers are against owners scrounging off taxpayers as that would be hypocritical to defend owners and defend footballers, wouldn't it ?
    Apologies if I have left any occupation off the list that are doing great, no wonderful work at this moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

If you really think they pay huge amounts of tax then you're in dreamland. These people have advisors who make sure they maximise their income. They will ensure it's as legally squirrelled away as it can be.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)