+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 30% wage cut

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Because they get paid millions for playing football. For what they do their wages are obscene and out of all proportion to what they actually do. No. it's not their fault at all but they are lucky beyond belief to have such an incredible reward for playing a game they happen to be good at.

It comes as no surprise at all that you're going against the flow.
    when we are all good at what w do we get well paid
    they dont set the wages its the going rate for their profession
    in a way we set the rate
    we want the best players at our clubs we want to win things
    so to do that you need the best
    and that doesnt come xheap

just like american football baseball cricket formula 1 any sport or indeed job

evenbankers etc are head hunted and earn obscene amounts of money
    even salespeople and hairdressers are head hunted and some in comparison get waty above what others doing the job get

why should they be punished for being good at what they do
    it takes years and years of practice and deication to get to that standard
    just like any other well paid job
    they sacrifice a lot

we are supposably all in this together
    so why should some loose more than others in a percentage way

they have outgoings to relevant to what they earn

should well paid doctors ,some on huge amounts take a bigger cut than a nurse

sorry zipp but if we accept 20% i dont see why they should take more ,especially when there is no time frame to this

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    If you really think they pay huge amounts of tax then you're in dreamland. These people have advisors who make sure they maximise their income. They will ensure it's as legally squirrelled away as it can be.
    they get taxed at source and like most peole who earn big will play the system
    why wouldnt they maximise their ncome

i would think every well paid manager buisness owner ,professional person would

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Overpaid bunch of wànkers anyway. Here is a thought, they are getting paid at this moment in time for sitting on their arsès at home. Why should they be paid at all, they are not playing. Whereas teachers, shopworkers, care workers, delivery drivers, NHS workers in particular are out there putting the interests of the rest of the country 1st and putting themselves in harms way of this horrible virus for their usual pay.
    So fùck the overpaid, give it all to these people. Billionaire owners crying cap in hand. I take it those defending footballers are against owners scrounging off taxpayers as that would be hypocritical to defend owners and defend footballers, wouldn't it ?
    Apologies if I have left any occupation off the list that are doing great, no wonderful work at this moment in time.
    so why should anyone sitting on their arse get paid then ??you and many others .my lads are working yet i have two well paid sales people sitting at home on their arses .shall i not pay them ,they earn about 2-2.5 k a week on a good week .thats well paid

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    so why should anyone sitting on their arse get paid then ??you and many others .my lads are working yet i have two well paid sales people sitting at home on their arses .shall i not pay them ,they earn about 2-2.5 k a week on a good week .thats well paid
    I reckon if you are available to work but can't due to circumstances beyond your control (such as this) then you should get paid.

For me this becomes a moral and personal decision for players.

In your case, thats the inherent risk of running a business. You take the profit happily in the good times so must take the rough as well.

I would pay my staff in full if I was you. Trust me, if you do you will get it paid back in spades down the line

Like I said before, people will have long memories long after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I reckon if you are available to work but can't due to circumstances beyond your control (such as this) then you should get paid.

For me this becomes a moral and personal decision for players.

In your case, thats the inherent risk of running a business. You take the profit happily in the good times so must take the rough as well.

I would pay my staff in full if I was you. Trust me, if you do you will get it paid back in spades down the line

Like I said before, people will have long memories long after this.
    as i said i am paying my lads as they are still working however the sales lads are not allowed into peoples houses or into offices etc .i am paying them but only a retainer as they are self employed

i think down the line there will be reprocusions of this regards people paying higher tax etc and those who say they can afford a cut now wont have much of a leg to stand on when it does happen

and any way
    we are all goingtp have to pay for this soon anyway trough increased taxes etc
    its costing us billions

it will suely phuck our kids futures up so the quicker we get back to work and the conscequences that has the better

If you are furloghed and while off work get another job fruit picking lets say.

How does the tax work here?

Eventually someone down the line will be paying for all this though thats for sure.

I take my hat off to the likes of Barcelona players. Those that defend the greed in football are all whats wrong with the game and wrong with society.
    I hope and pray the bottom falls out of the money pit that is football, I hope the TV companies chase all these clubs for their money back. Fùck all greedy bastaŕds and help those that deserve it.
    I tell you what, pay people for what they are good at, bollox. Every doctor, nurse, teacher etc out there are better at their job than any thick as mince footballer.
    Last edited by Geordie1974; 04-04-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

Heres another thought, next week when the country claps for the nhs in appreciation why not go out and clap for the over paid footballers in appreciation for the videos they have posted about kicking a bog roll about.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I take my hat off to the likes of Barcelona players. Those that defend the greed in football are all whats wrong with the game and wrong with society.
    I hope and pray the bottom falls out of the money pit that is football, I hope the TV companies chase all these clubs for their money back. Fùck all greedy bastaŕds and help those that deserve it.
    I tell you what, pay people for what they are good at, bollox. Every doctor, nurse, teacher etc out there are better at their job than any thick as mince footballer.
    but its peole like us who have paid for and allowed these players to be paid what they are

how many times on here have players slagged ash for not paying top wages or splashing the cash

now its obscene

a little bit shallow in my eyes

we wanted the toon to be top
    we wanted them to compete
    we wanted fat boy to spalsh the cash
    we slagged him when he didnt

yet now we want to punish those players more than the average man

really

Chy na should pay for this big style

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)