+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    That's 3 times same holiday cancelled for the son this year.
    I go to Turkey on Sunday for 2 weeks, flying from Doncaster airport, the resort I have been going to for years, insured for corona virus, ( already insured before pandemic, so no extra to pay )
    Simple question Eric why are you going abroad,world pandemic killing millions of people & you want to fly to a foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Simple question Eric why are you going abroad,world pandemic killing millions of people & you want to fly to a foreign country.
    Yes why?

You could go to Leicester, Bradford, Blackburn or Peterborough to sample a foreign culture, hear a foreign language, sample foreign food and catch covid 19.

Why fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    One reason Lol is my wife, I have to get her away, still getting hit by the loss of our son, lost his partner & their dog who we had & part of our family, 3 deaths in 18 months.
    We have a lot of friends in Turkey, seeing them at a distance will perhaps give her some normality, I try to hide my grief away from her.

One reason Lol is my wife, I have to get her away, still getting hit by the loss of our son, lost his partner & their dog who we had & part of our family, 3 deaths in 18 months.
    We have a lot of friends in Turkey, seeing them at a distance will perhaps give her some normality, I try to hide my grief away from her.
    That's very moving and poignant, Eric. Best wishes.

Good for you Eric

Apologies for my flippant contribution, I didn’t realise depth of the circumstances

Have great time Eric,stay safe mate look after the wife.

We had three holidays booked abroad this year.
    April, May and October, the first two were cancelled and we’ve had a full refund.
    The October holiday is on hold at present. We can’t sort it out till September.
    We’re trying to move it to next year although the tour company insists it will be okay to travel in October ( yeah of course it will lol)
    The downside is they’re trying to charge us an extra £400 for the same hotel so we’re trying to book an alternative hotel..

The price of holidays for September & October has gone through the roof Frank, we had 3 holiday's cancelled this year, 2 abroad, 1 in Scarborough.
    We like to get 3 - 4 holiday's abroad each year, having annual insurance, we got 7 weeks abroad last year.
    We like to go to Zante back end September into October from Doncaster airport, last year we had our own self catering room, in blocks of apartments cost us £530 each for 2 weeks flying from Doncaster, Bed & breakfast was £676 each staying in the hotel.
    This year the same self catering price is £737 each, Bed & breakfast in hotel £603 each, the prices have turned round, to me it seems people want to isolate themselves from other people, by not sharing breakfast with other people in the restaurant.

FCO advice now including Spanish islands so Jet2 now likely to cancel holidays to there

Hi Eric, enjoy and take a rest in Turkey with the missus, stay safe and take care.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast