+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Only a few days ago I was really confident of my joint 50th & 18th 3 day break in Koln with my son & 11 others...now I'm 90% sure it'll be off...then going to be a ballache getting my money back I bet.
    Booked it before the pandemic...

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Only a few days ago I was really confident of my joint 50th & 18th 3 day break in Koln with my son & 11 others...now I'm 90% sure it'll be off...then going to be a ballache getting my money back I bet.
    Booked it before the pandemic...
    You’re entitled to a full refund provided it’s not you that is cancelling. They tried to offer us vouchers which we refused to accept and after quite a while we finally got a refund.

I asked this question earlier. It not actually the holiday company that has cancelled the holiday. In effect its the passenger who isnt being allowed to travel. Is it therefore the company liable? I know theyve all taken the hit on the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thanks Brin.
    I'm going to check with our insurers as well but, if I can't get a clear answer I'll have to accept losing the balance I think.
    I can't see any way that holidays in July will happen and I wouldn't want to go in present circumstances anyway.
    It all hinges on " date of knowledge"

If you took the insurance out before the " **** hit the fan" and FCO started the non essential travel advice then insurers should pay out.

If though you took out insurance after the FCO had advised not to go to the place you're booked to go to then they probably won't pay you out

Now on day 63 and still no refund, (over £7000) from Virgin.

I’ve emailed them and they actually spoke with the Wife expressing how inundated they are with trying to process refunds.

Pointless applying for a section 75 on the credit card as they bounce you to ABTA who in turn bounce you back to tour operators for cancelling the holiday. Any suggestions?

So much for the 14 day rule on refunds!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Now on day 63 and still no refund, (over £7000) from Virgin.

I’ve emailed them and they actually spoke with the Wife expressing how inundated they are with trying to process refunds.

Pointless applying for a section 75 on the credit card as they bounce you to ABTA who in turn bounce you back to tour operators for cancelling the holiday. Any suggestions?

So much for the 14 day rule on refunds!
    I think its really tricky. Given the situation we should all accept some liability.

I know this is harsh. But, is it Virgin that has caused your holiday to be cancelled or postponed? Yet we expect Virgin or credit card companies to bear the full cost.

Airlines are set to lose $113bn due to the pandemic. Virgin are already in huge financial trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I think its really tricky. Given the situation we should all accept some liability.

I know this is harsh. But, is it Virgin that has caused your holiday to be cancelled or postponed? Yet we expect Virgin or credit card companies to bear the full cost.

Airlines are set to lose $113bn due to the pandemic. Virgin are already in huge financial trouble.
    Quite a remarkable statement, you got shares in VISA , MAsterCard, Virgin?
    Holiday is booked, it’s insured. Premium payed to big business, Now they don’t want to pay back.

Reminds me of after handing over my money for accommodation in Chungking mansion Hong Kong. on the bottom of the receipt it said

“Money paid cant get back “

Was it your place by any chance

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Holiday is booked, it’s insured. Premium payed to big business, Now they don’t want to pay back.

Reminds me of after handing over my money for accommodation in Chungking mansion Hong Kong. on the bottom of the receipt it said

Laughable isn't it?

Let's give Wanchai the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he's just not thought about it. These people who have worked hard and saved for a holiday. Paid for travel insurance or had assurances that a refund would be provided should the holiday be cancelled.

I wouldn't expect the money to be paid back immediately but Brin should get his money back. He certainly shouldn't be writing it off, as I think, Wanchai is suggesting.

What about people who need money back because their own lives have been affected by COVID-19? Have we considered many breadwinners in families have lost their jobs and their circumstances have changed? People who will have lost overtime, bonuses etc? They need their money back because they will have mortgages to pay, bills to pay etc.

Brins a bad example because he is loaded. If he get's a refund, maybe he should send the money back to Richard Branson at his island retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post

Lol. Id question your sanity for booking into Chungking Mansion rather than my statement?? What was it like?

Had an email from Ryanair yesterday saying they've changed our outbound flight to 24hrs earlier...I can't do that.
    They've offered a refund as 1 of the options..just hope we get a refund from hotel but not counting my chickens..looks like I'll have to take the hit..

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast