+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Mellow, our final balance was due last week and we had no option but to pay up or we'd lose the holiday. If we didn't pay, we in effect were cancelling the holiday so our deposits of £900 (party of six) would have been lost.

We did check first though with our Insurance company if we could claim all our money back if restrictions stopped us from flying when the date comes around. Thankfully they will cover all monies lost, not sure about the excess though. Alternatively, Virgin said we can carry the holiday over for 12 months if we preferred to do that so all not lost. It's just the thought of Virgin holding our money all that time should they go bust!
    Thanks Brin.
    I'm going to check with our insurers as well but, if I can't get a clear answer I'll have to accept losing the balance I think.
    I can't see any way that holidays in July will happen and I wouldn't want to go in present circumstances anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thanks Brin.
    I'm going to check with our insurers as well but, if I can't get a clear answer I'll have to accept losing the balance I think.
    I can't see any way that holidays in July will happen and I wouldn't want to go in present circumstances anyway.
    Not sure who you're with but we're with Insure and Go.

Glad I got my static now. Me and mrs crash had a good week. Will spend as much time as possible here. Daughters and grand kids use it as well .
    2hrs travel , beer out. No probs.
    A lot more asking me to let out. But don't hire .
    Still not cheap but , each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Glad I got my static now. Me and mrs crash had a good week. Will spend as much time as possible here. Daughters and grand kids use it as well .
    2hrs travel , beer out. No probs.
    A lot more asking me to let out. But don't hire .
    Still not cheap but , each to their own.
    Crash totally respect your choice of the way you holiday. Each to their own. I have close friends who have expensive camper vans, some tow caravans, even my two nephews own touring caravans. It’s what you want to make of your R & R that counts.

I truly feel that the UK holidaying business will hit boom time over the next couple of years what with the C19 crisis. This may well turn tourism on it’s head and even worse, may see the demise of holidaying abroad that may prove catastrophic for the likes of Spain, Greece etc.

Crash totally respect your choice of the way you holiday. Each to their own. I have close friends who have expensive camper vans, some tow caravans, even my two nephews own touring caravans. It’s what you want to make of your R & R that counts.

I truly feel that the UK holidaying business will hit boom time over the next couple of years what with the C19 crisis. This may well turn tourism on it’s head and even worse, may see the demise of holidaying abroad that may prove catastrophic for the likes of Spain, Greece etc.
    We had a banked timeshare week that was expiring at the end of this year and it looked like it would go to waste. A couple of weeks ago I saw an opening in The Lakes so booked it for my daughter/partner and their kids and they are there this week in a cabin having a great time. It's close to Monty's stomping ground so I've sent the grandson with a rock for him to post through his front window on your and Sota's behalf Brin

Thanks Brin.
    It all hinges on " date of knowledge"

If you took the insurance out before the " **** hit the fan" and FCO started the non essential travel advice then insurers should pay out.

If though you took out insurance after the FCO had advised not to go to the place you're booked to go to then they probably won't pay you out

Indeed.
    Last edited by sota; 03-04-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks Brin.
    Pay your balance. Otherwise you have broken the contract.
    As long as you pay you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Pay your balance. Otherwise you have broken the contract.
    As long as you pay you will be ok.
    Correct Crash. Nearly all travel operators are asking people to defer their holiday to next year. How they intend to fit these flights and hotel stays in with normal travellers next year, will be interesting.

Correct Crash. Nearly all travel operators are asking people to defer their holiday to next year. How they intend to fit these flights and hotel stays in with normal travellers next year, will be interesting.
    If everyone is deferring there won't be any problems unless everyone tries to double up.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast