+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Just this minute cancelled mine with Jet 2 for mid July. Took the hit and lost the deposit.

Jet 2 look in better financial shape than Tui.
    Tui are laughing at people cancelling holidays WanchaiMiller, all the deposits they are keeping, especially where people pay so much money on their account, so losing more than their deposit.
    Better to pay balance if you have been paying on your credit card, then do a Section 75 claim.
    I will be doing a Section 75 with my Jet2 3 week holiday to Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Which are telling people to put a Section 75 or do a chargeback Wann Chai Miller.
    I think the gist of what Which? is saying is the holiday industry is in crisis. If great numbers demand money back many companies it will fold. The best we can hope is they survive the isolation period and hope to resolve refunds some point in the future when trading again.

Tui are laughing at people cancelling holidays WanchaiMiller, all the deposits they are keeping, especially where people pay so much money on their account, so losing more than their deposit.
    Better to pay balance if you have been paying on your credit card, then do a Section 75 claim.
    I will be doing a Section 75 with my Jet2 3 week holiday to Turkey.
    Cant see Tui is laughing at anyone. The holiday industry if in serious trouble.

Do what you like, Im not going to add to the problems. Jet 2 are welcome to my deposit if it helps them. My fear is that by cancelling it tips them still further and we dont have a holiday industry in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Cant see Tui is laughing at anyone. The holiday industry if in serious trouble.

Do what you like, Im not going to add to the problems. Jet 2 are welcome to my deposit if it helps them. My fear is that by cancelling it tips them still further and we dont have a holiday industry in the future.
    Tell that to the hotels abroad that Tui have told won't be getting paid, after their block booking of hotel rooms, & how this spirals down to people losing jobs, firms going under.

Tell that to the hotels abroad that Tui have told won't be getting paid, after their block booking of hotel rooms, & how this spirals down to people losing jobs, firms going under.
    Exactly what Ive been telling you for weeks. The holiday industry in crisis.

I dont think that you claiming refunds or me cancelling in any way helps the situation. We are adding to the hotel closures and job losses.

You've claimed your money back so how do you think that helps the situation you've described?

To be fair to the bloke, I believe he’s making a valid point. If help is provided to TUI is a proportion of the money going to filter down to the hoteliers, their workers and suppliers?

I think he suspects, NO.

FWIW We were due to travel to Malaga in 3 weeks. Accommodation was booked direct with the resort chain. Got an email weeks ago saying refunds would be paid. Two weeks ago they threw out another message saying due to liquidity (cashflow &#128521 they would provide vouchers +20% value of the deposit.

We’ve stayed in their resorts before and this is a brand new hotel. Thought fair enough.

Then looked to book later in the year or early next and the prices were 60% higher seasonally.

Told them I wanted my deposit back because their tactics were disgraceful.

They said it would take 3 months. I told them they either pay me the deposit back in 7 days or book the same dates, same accommodation, next year.

To be fair they gave me both options. Now I’ve taken the option of visiting next year.

If these holiday companies play fair and take their share of pain, I’m prepared to do the same.

This does not include Ryanair 😉. I urge everyone to pressure them for refunds. You reap what you sow.

Howdy - I just dont think they have the liquidity (cash &#128513 to play fair. Like I said above, and also in the Which? article, they are all trying to hang on to their cash and hope to resolve the position when trading restarts.

I cancelled mine because I dont think bars, restaurants and pool will reopen again this year. In the past I took a credit note due to a terrorist attack in the resort but had real trouble rebooking flights, hotels and a suitable time.

The fear of bankruptcies takes confidence out the market so reducing bookings. The holiday market crashed from early Feb. I bet theyve had no bookings the last 4 weeks.

Tui got £1.7bn off the German Gov last week. Not sure what conditions came with the bailout.

One of the conditions I can see is the German Gov required Tui to furlough 11,000 UK staff to take advantage of our liquidity crisis fund.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast