+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

We were going to Oz next month, Emirates haven’t refunded us but say they will give us a credit note, which is fine, we can rebook later in the year or early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    We were going to Oz next month, Emirates haven’t refunded us but say they will give us a credit note, which is fine, we can rebook later in the year or early next year.
    Hope the rebooking goes smooth. I postponed a flight with Qatar a few years back due to a terrorist attack. They gave me a 1 year credit note. But, when I came to use it, they made it incredibly hard to rebook and charged a hefty booking fee.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We've got a holiday in Skiathos booked for mid July and the final balance is due to be paid around the middle of this month.
    TUI are busy dealing with people who are due to go on holiday up to the end of June and they aren't commenting beyond then even though it seems apparent that nothing is going to change much for at least 6 months.
    I've decided not to pay the balance as it's too much to risk losing and I hope that TUI will refund the deposit if overseas travel is still restricted as seems likely.
    Hopefully people will be able to get away to somewhere nice next year.
    In the meantime, stay safe.
    Hope you get to go Mellow, stayed at the Skiathos Palace on Koukanaris some years ago, lovely little island

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We've got a holiday in Skiathos booked for mid July and the final balance is due to be paid around the middle of this month.
    TUI are busy dealing with people who are due to go on holiday up to the end of June and they aren't commenting beyond then even though it seems apparent that nothing is going to change much for at least 6 months.
    I've decided not to pay the balance as it's too much to risk losing and I hope that TUI will refund the deposit if overseas travel is still restricted as seems likely.
    Hopefully people will be able to get away to somewhere nice next year.
    In the meantime, stay safe.
    Went to my account for the booking Mellowmiller, Tui still asking for balance to be paid, if not already paid. So if you don't pay they will proberly count it has you have cancelled, and won't want to pay the deposit back, again if you have just paid a deposit, and not paid anything else on your account booking, not lost a lot of money.

Turns out talking to a lady across the road from me, ( at a safe distance, when out with my dog ), she said her daughter should be away at this moment in time, and Tui paid her full refund for 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    My wife and I turned our house into a holiday today. We made sangria and enough homemade tapas to last the quarantine. We put on Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses and put up inflatable palm trees.
    We had a good laugh and some lovely food.
    Ready for a siesta now though.
    Love it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    My wife and I turned our house into a holiday today. We made sangria and enough homemade tapas to last the quarantine. We put on Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses and put up inflatable palm trees.
    We had a good laugh and some lovely food.
    Ready for a siesta now though.
    Isn't this just a normal Weekend? 😁

I hate to use the word 'positive' in relation to the virus, but if there are any positives to take from recent events one would be the benefit to the planet from the dramatic decline in air travel and cruises.

Strange not to see a maze of aircraft vapour trails.
    Getting high on oxygen

Had a e-mail from Jet2 yesterday,confirmation holiday cancelled for our 3 week stint in Turkey May / June .
    Jet2 to contact each customer to view options, customers can not contact the company, just have to wait until contact comes from the company.
    We normally go in a group of 6 people, where I do a diy holiday booking flights, hotel, transfers seperately, but when we booked last year I said lets all book our own package holiday couple by couple, in case anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Hope you get to go Mellow, stayed at the Skiathos Palace on Koukanaris some years ago, lovely little island
    Unfortunately I don't think we'll get to go this year Lincs because there are restrictions in Skiathos as well as here.
    We love the island and have been 10 times before although not since 2014.
    Hopefully we'll be able to go back in 2021.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast