+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Football suspended until further notice

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    If there's any integrity in football the season will be declared null & void. For the UK it's a national emergency, most of the country's in the world same. You can't have sides declared winners without achieving that on the field of play. Bookies won't pay on anything other than that. I'm assuming that. What's being said season not ending while September. Why is football different from other sports they are either cancelling or postponing. It's like saying Wimbledon tennis we'll play it later starting play early in the morning but they will only play tournament like it's meant to be played. The Open golf said the main reason for cancelling emergency services they are have far more urgent priorities.
    gru, can you help me with this question. A game is 75 minutes old and the score is 6-0 to the home team. A snow storm blows in so the Ref abandons the game. Does the game get replayed or does the result stand because 75% of the game had already been played?

Result stands (as far as I'm aware) even it's only 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    If there's any integrity in football the season will be declared null & void. For the UK it's a national emergency, most of the country's in the world same. You can't have sides declared winners without achieving that on the field of play. Bookies won't pay on anything other than that. I'm assuming that. What's being said season not ending while September. Why is football different from other sports they are either cancelling or postponing. It's like saying Wimbledon tennis we'll play it later starting play early in the morning but they will only play tournament like it's meant to be played. The Open golf said the main reason for cancelling emergency services they are have far more urgent priorities.
    I'm sure I never heard Magnus Magnusson say "I've started so I'll NOT finish"

Wimbledon and The Open (just for you GKOTW) are a different kettle of fish as they have effectively been canceled before a ball has been bowled.

It'd be nice if we were all Bobby Ewing and were just about to get out of the shower but I don't think that will happen.

Who is Bobby Ewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Who is Bobby Ewing?
    Not a fan of Dallas (the TV show not the city) then nardendee? I'm sure Google can help you better than I can but basically an entire 9 month season of the show was passed off as a bad dream when the actor who had quit and been killed off decided to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    All I'm saying is that the way we've gone about things this season from the selling of key players last summer , the recruitment , the sacking of Daniel Stendel and of course the results it's almost impossible to make a case that we should be in the championship next season .

There's absolutely no grey area here and I'm simply looking at it from that perspective and nowt else Cayton .

You can make the case for many clubs that they could be promoted and it's a bit of a tw@t but with us we don't deserve anything .
    Come on mate, even with the highest of morals, you would surely deep down be absolutely elated if Barnsley were to avoid relegation due to this? IMO it would be quite harsh on the bottom three in the Championship if they were all relegated as safety isn't out of reach for any of them unlike our division where Bolton and Southend have been down since day 1.

Maybe another way of doing it would be to void this season, then when the new season starts, any team who finished the void season in an automatic spot starts with a 15 point advantage, those who were in the playoff places start with 8 points. Any team who were in a relegation spot start on minus 8 points except Bolton who start on minus 50 (they're not getting away with it)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, can you help me with this question. A game is 75 minutes old and the score is 6-0 to the home team. A snow storm blows in so the Ref abandons the game. Does the game get replayed or does the result stand because 75% of the game had already been played?
    This is different football stopped as you see stated to save lives, save the NH. Worst crisis since WW2. Answer the game gets replayed which backs up what I've said this situation it's far worse than a snow storm this season should be replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Come on mate, even with the highest of morals, you would surely deep down be absolutely elated if Barnsley were to avoid relegation due to this? IMO it would be quite harsh on the bottom three in the Championship if they were all relegated as safety isn't out of reach for any of them unlike our division where Bolton and Southend have been down since day 1.

Maybe another way of doing it would be to void this season, then when the new season starts, any team who finished the void season in an automatic spot starts with a 15 point advantage, those who were in the playoff places start with 8 points. Any team who were in a relegation spot start on minus 8 points except Bolton who start on minus 50 (they're not getting away with it)
    Or if your in first spot (Coventry) start on 24 points Rotherham 23 points. Oxford 22 points ect.
    If they void the league should bury be allowed back in?

Gru, is it just a coincidence that you've slagged off Warne and most of the team ALL season despite us being second in the league, and now you seems strangely desperate for the season to be declared void?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Gru, is it just a coincidence that you've slagged off Warne and most of the team ALL season despite us being second in the league, and now you seems strangely desperate for the season to be declared void?
    I just want to get back to the New York stadium. Let's have a vote on here. Are Roth U equipped for the championship yes or no? Me no. How many of our own players are good enough to step up a league. Count them on one hand.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast