+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Football suspended until further notice

Whatever the EFL decide to do it can't be any dafter than what baseball are considering here (season was due to start about 10 days ago). Moving all teams (30) to the Phoenix Arizona area and playing a whole season behind closed doors in the 10 stadiums in the area usually used during preseason training camps. Players, staff, officials etc. would all be 'in quarantine' and would only be allowed to travel to and from hotels/stadiums. A normal season lasts 6 months and has a total of 2,430 games. I know baseball involves a lot of traveling but I can't see players etc. wanting to be away from family for 6 months for what? TV coverage only? Scrap the season is a better idea.

I just realised. They also seem to have forgotten, most of the stadiums there are open air, bearable in February/March when preseason games are being played, not so bearable in June-Sept when daytime temps are always over 100. There's a reason why the MLB team in Phoenix play indoors.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 08-04-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Whatever the EFL decide to do it can't be any dafter than what baseball are considering here (season was due to start about 10 days ago). Moving all teams (30) to the Phoenix Arizona area and playing a whole season behind closed doors in the 10 stadiums in the area usually used during preseason training camps. Players, staff, officials etc. would all be 'in quarantine' and would only be allowed to travel to and from hotels/stadiums. A normal season lasts 6 months and has a total of 2,430 games. I know baseball involves a lot of traveling but I can't see players etc. wanting to be away from family for 6 months for what? TV coverage only? Scrap the season is a better idea.

I just realised. They also seem to have forgotten, most of the stadiums there are open air, bearable in February/March when preseason games are being played, not so bearable in June-Sept when daytime temps are always over 100. There's a reason why the MLB team in Phoenix play indoors.
    Fairies...

Scottish League (level 2 and below) is deciding over next few days about method of completing the season. One of proposals is "points per game". Results of vote should be out early next week.

One of the reason maybe he Prem want to finish.

Premier League 'could lose £1bn'; while football's 'clubs and leagues in danger'
    http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52191973

Got to have a cut off point at some stage surely.

I’m not really bothered anymore what happens tbh but I think obviously some clubs will just go bankrupt if nothing gets sorted soon, it’s ok saying give the title to Liverpool or the top two go up from other leagues but what about relegation, Yes some is clearly going down anyway but still it’s not all that simple is it?

Scottish prem has Celtic clear winners anyway doesn’t it?, never really alters much there
    Last edited by millertop; 08-04-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Scottish Football League proposals need 75% vote "for" to get adopted as SFL policy. No idea if that is same for EFL. I think that one additional option being considered is "no relegation", so Scottish Premier may gain extra team (s)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 08-04-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Rangers have said that they are already preparing a legal challenge in case Celtic are awarded the title, but if the SPL goes for the "no relegation" option will any of the other clubs be bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Rangers have said that they are already preparing a legal challenge in case Celtic are awarded the title, but if the SPL goes for the "no relegation" option will any of the other clubs be bothered?
    A few will still be peeved about rangers flaunting the rules so I'm sure they won't get many backers.

NHS: Premier League players' initiative to generate & distribute funds

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52219771

It will be very interesting to see how the EFL deal with the punishment that Derby and SWFC are to receive for their "improper business activities". If they decide to penalise them in the 20/21 season,we could have a 12+ points advantage in the Championship at the start.I still think that the fair and proper way would be to accept the present league standings and the top two go up along with the third spot club with no play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I still think that the fair and proper way would be to accept the present league standings and the top two go up along with the third spot club with no play offs.
    You would still need a "points per game" factor to take into account that not all teams have played the same number of games. Haven't checked if that would make much difference to current standings in our league. Of course, the EFL may not follow the same procedure as the Scottish League, but they will be under some pressure to do so if that is accepted in Scotland.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-04-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast