+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Football suspended until further notice

Scottish Football 2019/20 season will now not restart until 10th June at earliest (if it does restart)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-04-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    EFL without the fans there is not valid. How can players get motivated in an empty ground. If I can't see the final 5 games of this season at the NYS this season won't register with me. Void this season or End season now.
    You are increasingly desperate for two things not to happen. Liverpool to win the Premier League, despite the fact that, this season, they have looked like the best side that the Premier League has ever seen, and The Millers be promoted under Paul Warne. After all, he knows nothing about the game compared to yourself, although he can string an intelligible sentence together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Disgusted. Irresponsible. So full of their own importance. Disrespectful to the players the fans & those who are dying in their thousands.

It’s all about money. Match day revenue is the lifeblood of our league & the leagues below and even some in the Championship.What about protection for the Players fans and officials?

They must close this season. This is irresponsible and disgusts me.
    Completely agree Nardendee.
    The football authorities seem to think it will be acceptable to endanger the health of players, non-playing staff, medical staff, matchday officials, tv crews etc by making them travel the length and breadth of the country to play matches behind closed doors. In addition to that, an ambulance will have to be in attendance at every game at a time when they could be much more usefully employed elsewhere.
    Just end the season and stop this nonsense.
    Jurgen Klopp, who has more of a vested interest than most, has said that people's lives are more important than football trophies.
    If only the people who supposedly run the game had as much common sense and class.

I would hope that the EFL are only saying this might be possible if they have the full backing of the Govt and their health advisors and not going out on a limb.
    I don't think that the Govt would allow football to restart even behind closed doors unless they deemed it safe to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I would hope that the EFL are only saying this might be possible if they have the full backing of the Govt and their health advisors and not going out on a limb.
    I don't think that the Govt would allow football to restart even behind closed doors unless they deemed it safe to do so.
    I understand that but if it's deemed safe to resume playing professional football why would games need to take place behind closed doors? Is it because that would be classed as a calculated risk in the hope that no-one involved would become ill?

It wouldn't be all about money would it.....surely not.

I’ve seen a This tweet from Snodgrass

Thanks
    @MattHancock
    it’s great to have your backing....... in future do your homework on what we do and who we are as people before coming for us. Over £1billion in tax and NI PAYMENTS doesn’t even earn RESPECT anymore. It’s not about us it’s about the real heroes...The NHS

Then I read this

Premier League clubs to receive millions of pounds in advanced payments

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52228551
    Last edited by millertop; 09-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I understand that but if it's deemed safe to resume playing professional football why would games need to take place behind closed doors? Is it because that would be classed as a calculated risk in the hope that no-one involved would become ill?

It wouldn't be all about money would it.....surely not.
    There's less risk for behind closed doors games because there's less people around. It would also allow more of the facilities at the nys to assist distancing if the crowd isn't there.
    I'm sure that the football authorities will be putting pressure on the govt though to restart in some capacity. Money talks.

I think this has a good chance of happening as a phased reduction of the lockdown.
    Perhaps the opening of smaller shops such as barbers, hairdressers, small cafes, small clothes shops, behind closed door sports.
    Not my call though and that decision must be entirely with the government s health advisors

Doncaster hospital.

Well done Danny Rose, you have a heart after all. ��

DBTH Trust
    @DBH_NHSFT
    ·
    13h
    We can share the amazing news that we have just received a donation of £19,000 to our hospital charity from Danny Rose. We are utterly blown away by his generosity and kindness of spirit - the man is a credit to Doncaster, his club and, most importantly, his family

Not sure if this has been covered, but clubs in the Scottish leagues are being asked to agree to ending the season with final positions being determined on an average points per game basis:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/...eague-18076432

I'm not sure where that approach would leave clubs who ended in a play off place.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered, but clubs in the Scottish leagues are being asked to agree to ending the season with final positions being determined on an average points per game basis:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/...eague-18076432

I'm not sure where that approach would leave clubs who ended in a play off place.
    No m8. Thanks for letting us know.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast