+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T. This is no April fool either!

O/T. This is no April fool either!

“In the next few weeks the EU’s European Food Safety Authority is expected by the insect industry to endorse mealworms, lesser mealworms, locusts, baby crickets and adult crickets as being safe for human consumption.
    The ruling is likely to lead to the final authorisation of their sale across the EU as a “novel food” by as soon as the autumn, opening up opportunities for mass production of a range of insect dishes to be sold across Europe for the first time”

What the hell? Have the EU not learned anything from this Virus outbreak .?

So what’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?

A pork pie from west stand

Thank God we "Got Brexit Done".

Insects will be the next big source of protein for humans. Rearing cows on acres of grass each and them farting all 'oer oyle will soon be unsustainable as the environment collapses under climate change.

Strangest thing have etten worra dodgy lookin kebab from Ziggy's Spice Hut in Halifax
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-04-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    A pork pie from west stand
    pyss missen Dools.

Snails art o a tin forra laugh. When I opened the tin of snails I was surprised to see Mike Bahre pop art

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Snails art o a tin forra laugh. When I opened the tin of snails I was surprised to see Mike Bahre pop art

Were the snails arranged in a diamond formation ?

The strangest thing I have eaten was fresh sheep brain. Very fluffy texture.
    I am a very plain eater, so a big thing for me.
    My wife on the other hand, Sheep eye ball is the strangest thing for her, its squishy and pops when you bite. Apparently it's an honour to be offered the eye. She says honour or not she isn't eating another.
    She eats snails often though.
    It makes me laugh because they "purge" them by feeding them on pasta for a few days before they cook them.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    The strangest thing I have eaten was fresh sheep brain. Very fluffy texture.
    I am a very plain eater, so a big thing for me.
    My wife on the other hand, Sheep eye ball is the strangest thing for her, its squishy and pops when you bite. Apparently it's an honour to be offered the eye. She says honour or not she isn't eating another.
    She eats snails often though.
    It makes me laugh because they "purge" them by feeding them on pasta for a few days before they cook them.
    I’ll tek the pork pie thanks....

I was sat outside a quiet bar in a fishing village in Portugal and the bar owner came and sat outside eating pistachio nuts.
    She offered me some, they turned out to be live snails.
    Not my cuppa tea.
    Frogs legs - very nice.

A French friend of a friend last year was presented with a dish of cow heel and black peas in Halifax. She was horrified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast