+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Keir Starmer elected leader...

Trouble was Corbyn and Labour believed their great messiah had it sussed, when his role model was Venezuela.
    What a utopia we could have had according to Jezza.

https://reaction.life/ten-times-corb...ros-venezuela/

Corbyn's ideals have been his for decades, regardless of advisers, experts or whatever. Johnson is "just obeying the orders" - he has the Nuremburg defence!

Twas not I that stated lowest point in history - my reference was to lowest point in party history. RA hyperbolised it!

My point about London centric millionaire is in reference to the much made claim that if Labour wants to get back its North and Midlands heartlands, it needs to be led by someone that those voters can relate to. No doubting his credentials but will the man in the northern street relate to him? I don't know. He obviously appeals to the well heeled older person in the East Midlands! But then so did Edwina Currie

I don't envy the bloke one iota. He has to convince those who left to return along with their votes as well as getting non-Labour voters to change sides as well. Then he has to reunite a party torn asunder by Momentum and anti-many things-ism.

Tough job.

Well anyway...moving on, I think it’s a positive and a good thing. Entirely agree with Swale’s third paragraph, in fact I think he’ll be more than a match for Johnson, though whether he can conquer that majority is a different matter.

Wish this had happened about six months ago. Suspect the country would be in a much better place...politically at least.

Can we stop talking about Corbyn now, Tricky? Much misunderstood imo, but yesterday’s news...no more relevant now than May or Cameron.

Ah May, nope, no fond memories of that

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well anyway...moving on, I think it’s a positive and a good thing. Entirely agree with Swale’s third paragraph, in fact I think he’ll be more than a match for Johnson, though whether he can conquer that majority is a different matter.

Wish this had happened about six months ago. Suspect the country would be in a much better place...politically at least.

Can we stop talking about Corbyn now, Tricky? Much misunderstood imo, but yesterday’s news...no more relevant now than May or Cameron.
    I'd love to stop talking about Corbyn. He is yesterdays news.
    But will he go away? I doubt it.
    I am glad his female baby clone Wrong Daily lost though.

If Starmer can wash away Corbyns stain and his cronies, I'd be a happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'd love to stop talking about Corbyn.
    Done!!

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Corbyn's ideals have been his for decades, regardless of advisers, experts or whatever. Johnson is "just obeying the orders" - he has the Nuremburg defence!

Twas not I that stated lowest point in history - my reference was to lowest point in party history. RA hyperbolised it!

My point about London centric millionaire is in reference to the much made claim that if Labour wants to get back its North and Midlands heartlands, it needs to be led by someone that those voters can relate to. No doubting his credentials but will the man in the northern street relate to him? I don't know. He obviously appeals to the well heeled older person in the East Midlands! But then so did Edwina Currie
    You really believe the bull**** that they are all his ideas? That there wasn't a cabal of special advisors and policy wonks developing policies? That seems a wee bit naive to me, no one person has command of everything, sure Corbyns main principles have been his for decades, though I would be wary of believing everything that a right wing funded media says about him, probabely half if that is actually accurate, given that they describe anyone who is left of centre as a marxist! But whatever, its a moot point now anyway.

Well no I meant your reference to Labour party history, they do have the lowest number of seats since 1935, but I beleive that history goes back further than that!

Oh I understand the nonsense that has been written and said about London centric, but lets see where is Johnson based? Oh and is he wealthy? Public school educated? never had a "proper job" Mm hasn't seem to have affected his election performance - neither did being a proven lair, waffler, chancer, a breaker of promises and a habit of wasting tax payers money on hare brained vanity schemes so I'm not worried on that score.

As for this mythical man on the northern street, who is this guy? Other than some lazy media stereotype.

But again if the proles voted for Johnson, can't really see the issue with voting for Starmer, provided of course that he engages with them which he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'd love to stop talking about Corbyn. He is yesterdays news.
    But will he go away? I doubt it.
    I am glad his female baby clone Wrong Daily lost though.

If Starmer can wash away Corbyns stain and his cronies, I'd be a happy bunny.
    Ah more balderdash from a barely sentient being. If you had any self awareness you'd realise how stupid this post makes you look.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)