+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Keir Starmer

I don't think the fact that he's posh, rich and from London based should make such of a difference. Someone posh, rich and London based did very well in Labour heartlands at the last election.

People will vote for anyone who they think represents their interests. Hopefully this is a sign that Labour is selecting for competence and trying to move away from identity politics.

If he doesnt appoint anyone who's clearly not up to it to a shadow cabinet, and doesn't give the tabloids any free hits, he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    So Keir is the new leader of the opposition.

What are the thoughts of folk on here about him versus Corbyn?

My opinion is that he’s obviously not as far left as Corbyn/Bailey but still appears to be keeping a lot of Labours manifesto.

I.e. the nationalisation programme

Is he going to provide a more clear approach that will win back the middle ground?
    Hilarious.

Stale, male and pale, a Knight Of The Realm and richer than Boris. Comrades.

We had Bliar and Prescott - Globalist and Thicko and now we have another Globalist and Thicko.

Will he be ringing D-Ream for an election anthem? I'm sure Professor Cox will be on board.

Things Can Only Get Better?

Try ringing Vince Clarke and borrow 'Ship Of Fools'.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    We had Bliar and Prescott - Globalist and Thicko and now we have another Globalist and Thicko.
    You seem to forgetting that Blair actually won three general elections, mainly because the opposition was piss poor.

That scenario will give Starmer a decent chance at the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I bet fatlad will be along soon spewing his usual bile.
    That’s a bit unkind Sinbad, In this grim time we’ve both had reasons to celebrate today, your great win at the hosses(nice one Elite) and the fact that after TEN years Labour finally has a leader worthy of the name.

Get in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That’s a bit unkind Sinbad, In this grim time we’ve both had reasons to celebrate today, your great win at the hosses(nice one Elite) and the fact that after TEN years Labour finally has a leader worthy of the name.

Get in.
    Wow, you do surprise me. What about the Momentum scum, surely Starmer won't go down well with their stormtroopers.

Starmer will be able to build on the progress made by Jeremy. Jeremy shifted the middle ground of UK politics decisively to the left and started to build progressive foundations resulting in the 2017 election advances. The radical 2017 Labour manifesto showed the popularity of his agenda. The 2019 result was distorted by Brexit, but intellectually provided a blueprint in winning the argument. The core ideas of a free national health, a four day working week and free broadband can be extended by nationalising foodbanks and making this service universally available.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Starmer will be able to build on the progress made by Jeremy. Jeremy shifted the middle ground of UK politics decisively to the left and started to build progressive foundations resulting in the 2017 election advances. The radical 2017 Labour manifesto showed the popularity of his agenda. The 2019 result was distorted by Brexit, but intellectually provided a blueprint in winning the argument. The core ideas of a free national health, a four day working week and free broadband can be extended by nationalising foodbanks and making this service universally available.
    Well, if Labour made progress under Corbyn, I would hate it if he took them backwards. Just remind me again, didn't he just return the worst result in an election since 1935. As for his free everything......well the public saw through that. I could promise you Premier League footie in 5 years if I was given the chance to manage Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Well, if Labour made progress under Corbyn, I would hate it if he took them backwards. Just remind me again, didn't he just return the worst result in an election since 1935. As for his free everything......well the public saw through that. I could promise you Premier League footie in 5 years if I was given the chance to manage Notts.

This^^^

In his 5 years in charge he has all but made the Labour party unelectable, managed to turn the red wall, blue and has the distinction of being the leader of the only political party, (other than the National Front) ever to be investigated by the ECHR. Wow that's some real progress, leaving aside the fact that in the last election he was absolutely destroyed by an opponent most of us would agree is little better than average.

Sorry, but this idiot lends hersen to a bit of p1ss taking.Name:  diane.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  21.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^

In his 5 years in charge he has all but made the Labour party unelectable, managed to turn the red wall, blue and has the distinction of being the leader of the only political party, (other than the National Front) ever to be investigated by the ECHR. Wow that's some real progress, leaving aside the fact that in the last election he was absolutely destroyed by an opponent most of us would agree is little better than average.
    It depends on whether you think the last election was a genuine election result or a Brexit election result.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast