+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: O/T:- Keir Starmer

My 30 pesos-worth...........it makes no sense for China to deliberately infect the very consumers that are fuelling it's rocket-like growth to numero uno position in the GDP league...China had already overtaken the USA in GDP PP index, and is now the best place to live in the world if you love luxury, high-speed rail, world-class food etc etc etc......they are light-years ahead of the crumbling West and failing Democracy.....(Rome is crumbling and the Barbarians have ran amok! get ready to abandon ship says the mixed metaphors guy).....if anyone has a conspiracy theory, then the West needs to look closer to home!!.....either that or the Chinese got sloppy, a bat took a dump on a pangolin's head and a Padova-based businessman ate the bush-meat before returning to Italy around Christmastime.....it ain't rocket surgery!

Watch this and listen as your head explodes.......no way are the Chinese trying to ruin this......scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJSJhEwUlOY

....and the first comment below this video was "Joseph Rondon
    11 months ago
    A lot of people in the western world still thinks China is about planting rice and bamboo"

Some people on here need to screw their head on properly.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 08-04-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think tomorrow night it is an 8pm clap for Rees-Mogg. More of a congratulations on his firms announcement that there is a “once in a generation” chance to earn “super normal returns” during the carnage of COVID-19.

It's nice to know that during this time of national suffering and the ever increasing death toll that a member of HM Government is lining their own pockets on the back of other peoples misery.

Well done to him.
    Come on, Mapps, you're brighter than that. How is the economy going to revive if people don't start buying slumbering stocks? All of our pensions, etc are dependent on what happens at the FTSE and the DOW.
    This is how capitalism works. You enter the market when it's depressed, make a killing and sell it when you're at the top. What's with your sentimental tosh about trading in misery? The cycle must get going again. That's capitalism, my friend. You just lost focus with all this state intervention that's flavour of the day. It'll never last. Are you a Marxist?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Come on, Mapps, you're brighter than that. How is the economy going to revive if people don't start buying slumbering stocks? All of our pensions, etc are dependent on what happens at the FTSE and the DOW.
    This is how capitalism works. You enter the market when it's depressed, make a killing and sell it when you're at the top. What's with your sentimental tosh about trading in misery? The cycle must get going again. That's capitalism, my friend. You just lost focus with all this state intervention that's flavour of the day. It'll never last. Are you a Marxist?
    You are absolutely right, Rees-Mogg is simply doing his bit for wider society. I think it was a recent Conservative PM that said we are all in this together nobody personifies that better than Rees-Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    You are absolutely right, Rees-Mogg is simply doing his bit for wider society. I think it was a recent Conservative PM that said we are all in this together nobody personifies that better than Rees-Mogg.
    And don't forget that when we entered years of austerity, David Cameron told us "we're all in this together".

He was true to his word, because he certainly didn't leave families on low incomes out.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516